New Release! Flossie, a sculpt by Donna RuBert

New Release!

Flossie, sculpted by Donna RuBert, is available now. Flossie is about 16 inches long when completed with bent limbs. This cuddly baby will curl right into your arms! She also has the most stunning eyes. You can make her yours here: *Flossie, by Donna RuBert (16" Reborn Doll Kit) - Bountiful Baby (DP Creations LLC)

You can also see more photos of Flossie (as well as blank vinyl photos) here: Flossie - Bountiful Baby (DP Creations LLC)

We hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Sincerely,

Bountiful Baby

Soooo this is what we are doing now? Producing porcelain dolls in vinyl? Flossie is a porcelain sculpt. I know because i have her mold.

This just seems odd and lazy. There are so many sculptors out there. Why??

Its also the reason for the oddly touching legs. These wrent meant for vinyl.

2 Likes

Another hard pass

1 Like

I believe they are doing this because it is WAY cheaper for them, seems most everything is about money anymore. However will they loose money if very few purchase. Maybe Donna also had an attic full of porcelain dolls!

If you all remember, a few years back BB acquired a bunch of the Rubert porcelain molds and such. They have made some into vinyl off and on. I always thought the quads came from those molds but I could be wrong. I also wondered if that is where the clowns came from. All the Rubert molds have a very “dolly” look to me that just is not as realistic for reborns.

3 Likes

I have a bunch of donna porcelain doll molds. They are cute in a very. “Dolly.” Way. Which translates fine in porcelain since those arent meant to be held and look like real babies.
For reborns tho i feel like they miss the mark for what artists are looking for i personally dont want to fight with a dolly looking blank canvas as it doesn’t do my painting justice.

Imo

1 Like

Well I have seen an old Stinker in a porcelain mold, he is very cute. Maybe they will bring him back?

2 Likes

I agree.

They did Stinker in vinyl and to me he looked weird.

2 Likes

I think she’s okay for display but not for cuddling. I do think the creases in her curled up legs look very realistic. I’m not crazy about her mouth.

2 Likes

I have Stinkers mold. Should be interesting to see him in porcelain. He was creepy looking in vinyl. Lol.

2 Likes

They already made him in vinyl. He has been discontinued.

1 Like

Yes, I have the quads. They all look weird, lol. That is why I love them. :upside_down_face:
I was thinking they may redo them if they get or have a mold. lots of people want Stinker.

Oh you can lend them your mold! :rofl:

2 Likes

Alternative artists had all kinds of fun with Stinker. Still would if he came back. :smile:

Believe it or not, not everyone is onto hyperrealism. Most of my dolly babies have sold immediately to people who are only interested in a pretty doll.

3 Likes

Super scary :sweat_smile:

I just painted Lanny and although he has light brown skin, blue eyes and maroonish hair he is too normal for me, lol. I am one that does not like hyperrealism. I need something weird :crazy_face:. I am in love with the Art of the doll.

1 Like

I wonder if they are still in business? Do you have any of these? @taylorsgirl

2 Likes

This is true. The 4 little ones - I can’t remember the names other than Dumplin and maybe one was Puddin? Anyways they seemed to sell well with the younger crowd.

1 Like

I think Sugar and Spice are pretty dolly looking at their limbs, but people snatched them up right away. Their faces are adorable.

Lol. I have most of them in porcelain molds.

Not sure you remember when someone gave me hundreds of molds. I haven’t used them yet tho.

2 Likes

So how is it that you have molds but then BB said they “bought” the molds from her to be able to produce them in vinyl? The way they had put it I thought they had exclusive rights to them but apparantly not…

1 Like