New Halogen Oven came yay!

My new halogen oven just arrived a little while ago, i am already up to my second bake
This thing is awesome, the vinyl still smells though thats the only downside to it, i may have the temp too high as those little dots are hard to line up.
I covered my face with a towel, opened the window and shut the door…i think that should offer me some protection lol…im still so afraid of baking and health concerns…but this is way better than the oven at least
I’m testing it out on a not so cute kit just in case

— Begin quote from “DebiC”

That looks like a mad scientist at work. lol
Can you put it out on your porch or in the garage?

— End quote

LOL it does doesnt it
The porch is out because the bees will get me…i have a bee phobia and those lil buggers are all over the place zipping by
but the garage is a good idea…i will need hubby to clear out a spot for me

I am definitely over baking, either too hot or too long…gotta get this thing right

You should bake a few cycles with just your thermometer to test the correct time and temp.
For instance my halogen oven is an InfraChef. It is not digital. I did around 8 bakes with the thermometer before I felt it was reliable enough for the vinyl. And even with the first vinyl bake I left the thermometer in to keep a watch on temp . It was odd because my time turned out to be 8 minutes, and temp at 280. The reason for the higher temp is that it took it 3 minutes to get to 265…so I calculated that it would need a full 8 minutes to account for heat up and for cool down which left the vinyl at 265 for about 7 min. So far it has worked beautifully with no over heating and no underheating the paint.
I have my oven on the table or on a chair right next to where I paint for easy access and I am not bothered by smell or heat from it…just the oily smear that is left in the bowl.
You will love it forever!
joy

— Begin quote from “joy”

You should bake a few cycles with just your thermometer to test the correct time and temp.
For instance my halogen oven is an InfraChef. It is not digital. I did around 8 bakes with the thermometer before I felt it was reliable enough for the vinyl. And even with the first vinyl bake I left the thermometer in to keep a watch on temp . It was odd because my time turned out to be 8 minutes, and temp at 280. The reason for the higher temp is that it took it 3 minutes to get to 265…so I calculated that it would need a full 8 minutes to account for heat up and for cool down which left the vinyl at 265 for about 7 min. So far it has worked beautifully with no over heating and no underheating the paint.
I have my oven on the table or on a chair right next to where I paint for easy access and I am not bothered by smell or heat from it…just the oily smear that is left in the bowl.
You will love it forever!
joy

— End quote

I turned it down now to 260, i think its better now, i dont smell it as much
Could be the kit too, it has a lot of silicone in it, its a very squishy kit
The baby is pretty ugly lol…so its ok if it messes up
Right now im really not used to genesis again, im an LDC lady, i can work miracles with that paint lol…but Genesis right now has me stumped, im on my 18th layer and it still doesnt look right
I started out with genesis awhile ago…but i totally forgot what im doing LOL
I thought it would be like riding a bicycle…guess not

I just got my halogen oven similar to yours and maybe mine is defective. The light goes on and off continuously even from the beginning. Does yours do that? I would think it stayed on until it reached the correct temp.