New Challenge Baby Poll!

Count me in for the Celeste challenge, hoping I can find the time !

I did the sameā€¦lol I bought one to sell and one to keep. I have been collecting dolls for most of my life and after a few years of it you start looking for the unique ones and tend to buy them before you do the ā€˜just another pretty faceā€™ ones. Donā€™t get me wrongā€¦love the little beauties as well and have plenty of those but I tend to ā€˜collectā€™ the ones that are ā€˜not everyoneā€™s cup of teaā€™ā€¦They have characterā€¦heehee

2 Likes

Well, I just bought Celeste, so I guess Iā€™ll be starting her in a week or so. I better get the doll Iā€™m working on now off the painting station! I donā€™t mind working on more than one at once, but I have two in the rooting basket and one on the painting table and a thousand (slight exaggeration) in boxes waiting their turns, but I MUST do the challenge. Sometimes I think Iā€™m losing my grip! LOL

3 Likes

Well, I just bought Celeste, so I guess Iā€™ll be starting her in a week or so. I better get the doll Iā€™m working on now off the painting station! I donā€™t mind working on more than one at once, but I have two in the rooting basket and one on the painting table and a thousand (slight exaggeration) in boxes waiting their turns, but I MUST do the challenge. Sometimes I think Iā€™m losing my grip! LOL

2 Likes

heeheeā€¦You sound like meā€¦I normally have about 5 - 6 going at one timeā€¦There are heads and limbs all over the desk. I am so easily side tracked. I would do well to stay off the websites looking at all the new kits cause I keep seeing ones that I want to do and then as soon as they arrive I want to start them straight away even when I have the other ā€˜in progressā€™ ones sitting staring at me. :grimacing: BUTā€¦I do eventually get focused and get them all done. :flushed:

2 Likes

I hope I ā€œeventually get focused and get them all done.ā€

2 Likes

Interested in why ā€œHeatherā€ was a challenge for you. Iā€™ve been looking at the kit and thinking how sweet she is. Would love to see your 1st- and then your 2nd!
Char

It isnā€™t that Heather was a challenge for me. She was just the very first doll I reborned. I love Heather. Sheā€™s not hard at all and when sheā€™s done, sheā€™s the sweetest girl in the nursery, but my first one was just awful. She has terrible mohair saved for years from when I did porcelains and thought I might make a wig. It is 19 year old English mohair and it is rooted with a 38 multi-barb and is so pluggy itā€™s funny. Sheā€™s all shiny now, and her body is stuffed funny. But you know what? Sheā€™s the baby I hold when feeling sad. She reminds me of my now grown up daughter and takes me back to happy days of yore. Iā€™ve talked about her on here before. Her name is Serenity June and I will always love her but I am doing a new one some day and will post the comparison just for fun.

3 Likes

Gonna try an do Celeste Iā€™m scared lol sheā€™s bigger then I thought. She is very cute. I saw one on FB an the lips didnā€™t look right. It looked cute with the pacifier but without it no so cute. I think thatā€™s gonna be the biggest challenge is getting the lips to look right with her face. Iā€™m having a hard time with Presleyā€™s lips lol

I am so sorry for your loss. I remember when you posted about your granddaughter and I thought she was one of the most beautiful babies I had ever seen. My heart is so very heavy for you and your family at this difficult time. Thank you for opening your heart and letting us know, that had to be very hard for you. Please remember we are like family here and we are all feeling your pain, Sending prayers, love and hugs to all of you. Your beautiful little angel is in heaven and will always be in your hearts. Soooo Sorry.

3 Likes