New Challenge Baby Poll!

I will probably join!

I will do the Celeste challenge if we have at least 2 months to do her. I am busy right now with gardening, yard work and two sculpts I am trying to do in between. :dizzy:

1 Like

@Leslie76 I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

1 Like

Praying for youā€™re family so sorry to hear this.

I would buy a seconds Celest.

@Leslie76 What a terrible ordeal. No wonder you couldnā€™t get into the challenge. I hope you are finding peace and solace and recovering from your grief and loss. God bless you and your family.

2 Likes

@Leslie76 I am so sorry to hear of your loss. My heart goes out to you and your family.

1 Like

Iā€™m so sorry, Leslie! :sleepy:

@Leslie76 I am so sorry for your loss. Prayers and good thoughts for you and your family.

Iā€™m hesitant to put this out there as I donā€™t want to offend anyone. But Iā€™ve been thinking about this for a while. I know that this contest is meant to be fun and I am thoroughly enjoying all the pictures and everyoneā€™s hard work. I also know that this forum is filled with kind and helpful people with no intention of making anyone feel bad. I do wonder however if the sculptors might feel bad when their kit is chosen as the ā€œugly babyā€ā€¦ Granted some are lessā€¦umā€¦apealing. Again, I know to be an artist of any sort, you have to have thicker skin, and I know that no one would intentionally hurt that artists feelings. Since this competition is just for our fun, maybe we could do our next challenge just asking bb what their least sold doll kit is and going from there? It would boost their sales on their lower kits and we would still have a blast. Again, please, no offense intended to anyone.

2 Likes

I have thought of that many times, and I agree. Personally, I never wanted to offend anyone with the contest, but wondered many times if I didā€¦ I admire Denise Prattā€™s sculpts overall and would never want to hurt her feelings. Thank you for calling us on this. I think you are right. But I think itā€™s okay to do Celeste. She is a different kind of challenge. Because of her open mouth and protruding tongue she presents special difficulties. We would all learn through doing Celeste. So, lets raise the idea of the challenge as a learning experience. Does everyone think this is a good change? I do.

7 Likes

I really hope I didnā€™t offend anyone. As I said, you all seem so kind. I didnā€™t mean to exactly ā€œcallā€ anyone on it. Just something I had been thinking about.

1 Like

It was two of us here, having a conversation, who started the Irelyn challenge. I certainly am not offended. As I said before, thank you for bringing out what Iā€™m sure many of us have been thinking. It is important that the forum remains a kind, helpful, and friendly place. You just helped do that, so, as my Granny would say, ā€œDonā€™t fret.ā€

2 Likes

Oh good. :blush: I really have enjoyed looking at all the babies. I enjoy looking at otherā€™s work. So much talent. I hope the challenges become a permanent thing.

1 Like

I think theyā€™ll be around until nobody comes forward to do the polls. Not everybody, (myself included) feels competant enough to manage that part.

3 Likes

Sorry you all I wasnā€™t trying to make this about my grand daughter. I just wanted to thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. You have me in tears reading some of the comments an messages. You all are a great group of people thanks again.CELESTE will be a really fun Challege the mouth makes me a little nervous I think she is a very cute sculpt I love her limbs. I donā€™t know what it is with me an the limbs on kits but she has really good detail then most bb kits. Thanks again Ladies.

4 Likes

Oh geez. I draw the line basically at typing lol @honojane

I like the Celeste kit, and bought 2 of them. They will be a challenge for me, as I havenā€™t done a kit with a protruding tongue and I am looking forward to doing her. It will be fun to see all the other reborners pictures taking the challenge to pick up some new ideas. :bulb:

5 Likes

Iā€™m still very new at this and I am thinking about doing Celeste for the challenge. I donā€™t like the chin, but otherwise, I think she is a beautiful sculpt. The open mouth will definitely be a challenge, but a good learning experience, too.

prayers for you and your family @Leslie76