New Bryson Asleep Prototype on eBay! by Beatriz Clemente

A new Realborn® Bryson prototype is on eBay now!

We have an amazing new Bryson prototype to share with you! He was lovingly reborn by Beatriz Clemente. This adorable little guy will take your breath away! You can see his auction here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/224166256243.

Bryson’s Realborn is about 18 inches long when completed. He has the most adorable hands and the cutest lips! You can see more of his details here: https://bountifulbaby.com/products/3728. You can also see more of the precious real baby here: https://bountifulbaby.com/pages/bryson-asleep.

Sincerely,
Bountiful Baby

11 Likes

What a sweetheart! He is beautiful!

I love, love, love this baby! He is just so precious! I love the smoothness of his skin and his little foot with the curled toe… awww. So precious.

2 Likes

No offense to real baby but I dont care for the lips. LOVE everything else. Perfect newborn size.

4 Likes

I looked at this beautiful baby on E Bay and noticed that the creases on the right leg behind the knee have not been painted. It is a lovely baby just being picky I guess, sorry…

2 Likes

I’m not trying to be cheeky as I know that Bountiful Baby puts a lot of work into the Realborn kits but the real baby’s lips aren’t massive like the kit’s lips are. It doesn’t make sense to me because the real baby’s lips are natural looking and they don’t look too big or too small, they look like nice little baby lips. The Bryson doll kit’s lips are massive though and I don’t know why because the rest of the kit is like the real baby - his face shape is right, the limbs are very detailed and are certainly very realistic but the lips are just totally wrong with this baby in my opinion. I don’t mean to be offensive towards BB or to the little baby but the doll kit’s lips are completely different to the real baby’s lips and I would happily paint Bryson’s limbs if they were paired with a different head because of this. The lips are nicely defined but they’re just very big and they look a bit swollen to me…

5 Likes

This little one is absolutely so precious

2 Likes

I agree that the lips of the sculpt don’t look like the lips of the real baby it was based on. However, I have seen newborns with lips that do look like the sculpt, so while it isn’t very accurate to the actual Bryson, as a baby face it’s fine.

2 Likes

Yeah but the idea is it’s a REALborn doll and they include pictures of the REAL baby so it is confusing.

I’m thinking maybe they are trying harder to make the newer realborns look more unique because the common complaint has always been that they all look to much alike so there isn’t much variety among the older realborns and now they are trying to create them with more unique expressions to set them apart. Harlow, Chase, Felicity and Bryson are among my short list of realborns I will never paint because they are not realistic looking. Some of the newer ones have so many wrinkles it’s a turn off. I have been painting Aspen asleep and though I absolutely adore her I am having a really hard time with her wrinkles. I hate painting wrinkles as so much paint pools and collects there it is so much work to keep them clear and I end up taking off paint I don’t want to by trying to blend it out. And some of Aspens wrinkles are so deep that paint gets trapped in the pockets. I love Kelsey and she is adorable but those creases in her eyelids take away from my favorite part to paint… I don’t think I could add capillaries even.

The newer kits are definitely not beginner friendly and if I’d started with aspen awake I don’t think I’d still be painting.

I feel bad for being picky and complaining because I am not a sculptor or 3D artist. I can sketch a little but doubt I could draw a baby with any measure of likeness.

Maybe @bountifulbaby could take this feedback and make adjustments on any pending kits in the works

5 Likes

Well, aren’t most of their sculpts family? Get a bunch of siblings and cousins and they’re bound to start looking similar. :smile:

2 Likes

I’m sure BB will have scans and photos where the lips off the real baby are exactly like the lips off the kit. I don’t think they would alter the kit. Of course they can only show us a couple of pics off the real baby.

1 Like

They often show release about 3 minute videos of the photoshoot, too.

I will not paint Harlow and Felicity because their mouths are so weird to me, they look unnatural in my opinion and also quite painful for the babies to have their mouths like that :sweat_smile:

To me, the Realborns have always been my go to kits if I want a very detailed kit because the limbs are nicely detailed and the heads generally are very realistic and detailed too. I understand that BB will want to make some new kits that have unique features so that it doesn’t feel like we are painting the same doll kits every time.

Harlow’s mouth is not natural to me, I know the real baby’s mouth is similar in the photos but if you were to use a pacifier with Harlow, would hee mouth be covered to look like she had the pacifier in her mouth or would it sit weirdly on her face? The same thing applies to Felicity, how would she look with a pacifier? Would it sit weirdly on her face?

I know that we all have different tastes and that we all like different things but in my opinion, Harlow and Felicity’s mouths just look unnatural. Bryson’s lips are very large and the real baby Bryson’s lips don’t look swollen like the kit’s lips do. Chase and Realborn James both have lots of forehead wrinkles too and they look like little old men to me :rofl: Neither the real baby Chase nor the real baby James have those forehead wrinkles. I know that some people will like those features but if the real baby doesn’t have those features, its just a bit strange to me lol

Don’t get me wrong, the real babies are all beautiful and the Chase and James Realborn kits look just like the real babies, to me though, the forehead creases are just wrong and if James didn’t have those forehead creases, I would absolutely buy the asleep kit - I don’t mean to be rude with my comments, I guess I’m just very picky with things but all of the Realborn real baby models are beautiful :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Exactly what I was trying to say :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

These are still life photos. The kits are from scans of the baby, so it all depends on what the baby is like at the moment of the scan.

4 Likes

Chase and James? Yeah, those two old dudes need to sober up and quit hitting on me. I am not amused.

1 Like

They’re just very wrinkly and I don’t want to paint them because of that. I quite like James, if the forehead wasn’t like that I think I would definitely get that kit but those wrinkles just look very strange to me and Realborn Kelsey’s eyelids are also very wrinkly too

2 Likes

Pearl’s eyelids are also super wrinkled in the sculpt. Not so much on the real baby. Pearl’s sculpt also has very wrinkly fingers, I didn’t notice if the baby does?

1 Like

Perhaps BB is targeting people that like wrinkly babies with their new releases?

The real baby’s hands don’t seem to be incredibly wrinkly but having said that, in most of the shots, the baby is tightly swaddled so you can only really see the backs of her hands anyway :sweat_smile:

Also, I noticed this in one of her photos… I was concerned about the baby as when I first looked at this photo, it looked like baby Pearl had a hole in her chest :worried: Is it just an error with the camera or something?

1 Like

Right by her armpit? Looks like might be an inverted nipple. Some are innies instead of outties.