New Bryson Asleep Prototype on eBay! by Beatriz Clemente

A new Realborn® Bryson prototype is on eBay now!

We have an amazing new Bryson prototype to share with you! He was lovingly reborn by Beatriz Clemente. This adorable little guy will take your breath away! You can see his auction here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/224166256243.

Bryson’s Realborn is about 18 inches long when completed. He has the most adorable hands and the cutest lips! You can see more of his details here: Realborn® Bryson Sleeping (18" Reborn Doll Kit) - Bountiful Baby (DP Creations LLC). You can also see more of the precious real baby here: bryson asleep - Bountiful Baby (DP Creations LLC).

Sincerely,
Bountiful Baby

11 Likes

What a sweetheart! He is beautiful!

I love, love, love this baby! He is just so precious! I love the smoothness of his skin and his little foot with the curled toe… awww. So precious.

2 Likes

No offense to real baby but I dont care for the lips. LOVE everything else. Perfect newborn size.

4 Likes

I looked at this beautiful baby on E Bay and noticed that the creases on the right leg behind the knee have not been painted. It is a lovely baby just being picky I guess, sorry…

2 Likes

This little one is absolutely so precious

2 Likes

I agree that the lips of the sculpt don’t look like the lips of the real baby it was based on. However, I have seen newborns with lips that do look like the sculpt, so while it isn’t very accurate to the actual Bryson, as a baby face it’s fine.

2 Likes

Yeah but the idea is it’s a REALborn doll and they include pictures of the REAL baby so it is confusing.

I’m thinking maybe they are trying harder to make the newer realborns look more unique because the common complaint has always been that they all look to much alike so there isn’t much variety among the older realborns and now they are trying to create them with more unique expressions to set them apart. Harlow, Chase, Felicity and Bryson are among my short list of realborns I will never paint because they are not realistic looking. Some of the newer ones have so many wrinkles it’s a turn off. I have been painting Aspen asleep and though I absolutely adore her I am having a really hard time with her wrinkles. I hate painting wrinkles as so much paint pools and collects there it is so much work to keep them clear and I end up taking off paint I don’t want to by trying to blend it out. And some of Aspens wrinkles are so deep that paint gets trapped in the pockets. I love Kelsey and she is adorable but those creases in her eyelids take away from my favorite part to paint… I don’t think I could add capillaries even.

The newer kits are definitely not beginner friendly and if I’d started with aspen awake I don’t think I’d still be painting.

I feel bad for being picky and complaining because I am not a sculptor or 3D artist. I can sketch a little but doubt I could draw a baby with any measure of likeness.

Maybe @bountifulbaby could take this feedback and make adjustments on any pending kits in the works

5 Likes

Well, aren’t most of their sculpts family? Get a bunch of siblings and cousins and they’re bound to start looking similar. :smile:

2 Likes

I’m sure BB will have scans and photos where the lips off the real baby are exactly like the lips off the kit. I don’t think they would alter the kit. Of course they can only show us a couple of pics off the real baby.

1 Like

They often show release about 3 minute videos of the photoshoot, too.

Exactly what I was trying to say :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

These are still life photos. The kits are from scans of the baby, so it all depends on what the baby is like at the moment of the scan.

4 Likes

Chase and James? Yeah, those two old dudes need to sober up and quit hitting on me. I am not amused.

1 Like

Pearl’s eyelids are also super wrinkled in the sculpt. Not so much on the real baby. Pearl’s sculpt also has very wrinkly fingers, I didn’t notice if the baby does?

1 Like

Right by her armpit? Looks like might be an inverted nipple. Some are innies instead of outties.

My bff has one. Just one, the other looks normal. They are still functional, she was able to successfully breast feed all her children.

2 Likes

Nothing wrong with knowing what you like! I don’t care for Levi’s mouth either. Twin A is great for having his fingers or a paci in his mouth. Otherwise, I’ve heard lots of people say they don’t like his gaping mouth.

That is so funny! I didn’t even think about that while I was taking the photo, probably because I knew what it was. :joy: That’s just her nipple. It looks different because she is posed differently. Something about the pressure of her foot made her skin bunch up like that around her nipple. It’s amazing how different a baby can look depending on the position they are in. Even with poses, some poses will make their cheeks more squishy, other poses more flat. Some poses make the foreheads more likely to show wrinkles than the others as well. How full babies lips look can also depend on whether you just barely took the pacifier out or not. I like to avoid those first moments after you take a pacifier out with my photography. There is often a line (a pressure mark) around the babies mouth that is difficult to photoshop out if I take a photo too soon after taking their pacifier. With scanning, on the other hand, things like that don’t matter. I think that might be why sometimes the lips look more full on the doll than in my photos. Scanning and photography are 2 completely different sessions which we often even book on separate days (in the same week). As a result, we don’t always catch the same expression with scanning that we do with photos.

Sincerely,
Jessica

6 Likes

Ah, that makes sense that the photo shoots and scans happen on different days. Babies change a lot from one day to the next!

4 Likes