Neutralizing levi n body

I had started doing the primary method on Levi. I just stripped him. If I’m doing a Caucasian version, without the primary method. do I need to neutralize him first? Oh, which bb body would I use for him?

I love starting off with Bonnie Brown vinyl. It’s the perfect color, no neutralizing needed. For a caucasian baby, I might do a layer as a base and go straight into mottling and undertones.

The body… The kit came with one, so I’m not sure.

4 Likes

Thank you. This is my first non bb kit. After I asked about the body, I thought he came with one.

1 Like

He does come with a body but I didn’t like it! I used BB’s #1458 and like it a lot more! Here’s the difference! Princess seems are BB body. Excuse Levi’s unfinished rooting in the one photo. Also, I didn’t neutralize the vinyl, i liked how it painted quite a bit!

2 Likes

Thank you. He’s cute

I used the body and belly plate that came with him

4 Likes

Thank you. I don’t think I got the belly plate. He’s cute

1 Like

It looks a lot like the Twin A and B belly plate!

Most kits are a lovely pale colour so dont need neutralizing. The colour I start with depends on the finished result I’m going for. So if I’m wanting the baby to be a newborn pinky red then I do a few layers of a pale pink before I start veins ect.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m just checking…I think I must have had an extra belly plate from when I did twin B (customer didn’t want it).

For some reason I thought it came with it. It fits well :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you. I think I want the new bow pink look. I don’t know how to achieve it. But, I may start with the pale pink layers. Thank you

I love the body that Levi came with but that’s just me :slight_smile:

5 Likes

My Levi took forever to start taking paint… I remember hating it… and vowing to “never” paint another… but everyone else I talked to about it said theirs painted easily… lol
2 years later and I am willing to try again. I love the cuddle factor :slight_smile:
I think I would do a primer type layer if I do paint another

I did not neutralize. Body was from Macphersons (the one that came with it but I replaced all the zip ties due to the large “head” size)

I used GHSP and I also used powders

6 Likes

He’s beautiful. I’ve tried powders many times and no matter what they move on me. No idea what I do wrong.

1 Like

I have had that issue also when I tried to pounce varnish over it… Not on this Levi though.

I’d like to use powders, but I’ve had a couple of times when paint and varnish came off :frowning:
I can’t risk it now

2 Likes

I didn’t neutralize Levi and I used the body he came with. I loved him :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thank you. She’s adorable. I actually have 2 of him.

1 Like

Thank you. He’s adorable

1 Like

Thank you! Levi doesn’t last long so get him going! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like