Needing some love!

HI! Hope everyone had a safe and happy 4th! I created a Facebook page for my reborns, and just as the title says, I"m needing some love! Right now, I have just listed the babies I have made, which are few, but eventually, most of them will be listed for sale. I’m still so new at all of this, and I’m not sure if Facebook is the best platform? Any suggestions or tips from those of you who have been doing this for any length of time would be much appreciated, and please show me some love (like). Thank you to anyone who helps me out! Redirecting...

8 Likes

I sell on reborns.com

4 Likes

I know a lot of people do and I’ll probably check there. How much is the monthly fee and do you feel you get a lot of traffic?

2 Likes

Search this site for info about reborns.com. So many threads. Most people do really well selling there from what I can tell. I plan to sell there when I get dolls made to sell. You can do a free nursery page. I won’t be visible in searches on the website but you can post dolls there and then share the link with whomever is interested and on your Facebook page. Also post in some of the Facebook groups about reborns. There’s a ton of them. If you do a giveaway then advertise that in the groups, that would be helpful as well. Search about giveaways here as well.

3 Likes

Thank you so much!

1 Like

If you are selling babies on the cheaper side, Facebook can be miserable, people will run you around and have you jumping through hoops. But if you can deal with that then give it a whirl. I prefer the simplicity of selling on reborns.com

2 Likes

I’m really not interested in a hassle. :roll_eyes:
It sounds like it’s Reborns.com for me! Can anyone explain the difference between having a free account and paint monthly?

1 Like

I have joined tons of groups on Facebook, then I made a post on each one I joined explaining that I’m a new artist trying to get some recognition and then posted my page link. I get new likes every day. X

2 Likes

Do you sell from Facebook?

1 Like

I started w/ selling on EBay, Etsy, Reborns.com but have switched over to social media advertising to save money. Yes, it can be a headache dealing with time wasters on social media but then you also quickly learn how get rid of them lol. I’d say it’s worth a try putting your business out there on social media. Offer a giveaway to drive traffic to your site and/or post your completed babies in multiple reborn forums on FB to bring attention to your page. FB allows you to promote your page and/or your posts for a small fee. This is a great way to begin advertising and get your business page out there. You can cater the advertisement to a specific audience I.e., doll collectors. Also be sure to make frequent posts on your page to keep your followers interested (I.e., WIP photos). Good luck to ya :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you so much!

2 Likes

You’re welcome!

2 Likes

On Reborns.com, the free account is not publicize on the site (you would have to direct people to your nursery published on the site). This is pointless.

The monthly membership account is publicized and everyone visiting the site could see your nursery. It increases your odds of selling.

2 Likes

I am just a collector and I’ve bought one on reborns.com and the experience was wonderful. I’ve bought another from reborns.com and the experience was terrible. I’m now in the process of having one made from someone on Instagram.

Just a point of view from a collector.

3 Likes

I appreciate the feedback. I’m sure the buying process could vary based on wherever you make the purchase and whoever your buying from. Unfortunately with all of the scammers it’s so difficult to know who to trust.

Thank you for the info. I figured “free” was probably not the way to go.

1 Like