My first alternative

A couple of weeks ago I was browsing sale kits on another site and ran across this Legend unicorn kit. My daughter went nuts, so of course I bought it. Wasn’t sure what to expect because I don’t paint alternatives, but here she is. While there are things I wish I would have done better, overall I’m pretty happy with her. My daughter is thrilled. :grin:

26 Likes

She looks great!!

1 Like

Shes AWESOME!

1 Like

Wow @DollyPardon Proud of your first Alternative, lol! She is beautiful!

2 Likes

I bet your little girl is on the moon! I don’t know a little girl who wouldn’t go Gaga over this! I bet these would sell great, especially the way you painted her

2 Likes

You did a fantastic job! If my nieces were slightly older or slightly younger I would get them kits to paint as I think they like this sort of thing better than baby dolls.

2 Likes

Wow! Looks like you need to reconsider your idea of not doing alternatives. You are a natural. You need to paint more of these. :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Oh that kind of inspires me to paint that kit. I got kind of bored with reborning the last couple months but that looks like fun!! I love how you did the little eyelashes.

3 Likes

That’s fantastic!

1 Like

So beautiful! I absolutely loooooove the way the colors in her horn fade together.

1 Like

Thank you! Means a lot coming from other doll artists, especially those of you who are into alternatives. :blush:

As far as the regular babies that we paint, I feel like I’ve kind of gotten bored… or maybe frustrated. I’m trying hard to get better, but feel like I’m at a standstill. Nothing I’m doing seems to make my dolls more lifelike.

If anyone is on the fence about painting one of these, go for it. It was a refreshing to paint whatever way I felt like painting without worrying about realism.

4 Likes

This is so cool!! My daughter loves all things unicorn so she’d have to have this if she saw it. The fun colors + glitter = :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

And this all what matters!
You unicorn baby is beautiful!

1 Like

She came out Gorgeous, Congratulations on your first Alternative ‘baby’! Is it Genesis paint or air dry? You did a marvelous job lady!!

Thank you, @lynn. It’s air dry. Golden paints to be exact.

You did an amazing job on her !!

1 Like

Wow great job this is the best of these I’ve seen love it

1 Like

Um this is better than great!!! Love it!!!

2 Likes

Great job! I like this one better than the prototypes!

2 Likes

Wow, thank you! @Alypants and @Estelle85

@anon77773884 Stuff like this isn’t too hard to do with acrylic paint. Fortunately I’m used to it since this is what I use on my regular babies… I was kind of inspired by the horses on an old, semi rusty carousel, then just went crazy with the rest. I never seem to know when to stop. :grin:

3 Likes