Mohair problem?

Has anyone had an issue with mohair sliding into the head? It’s happened to me on two or three babies with different brands of mohair.

When I originally root it, it looks great, about an inch or two on the outside of the head. But as I keep rooting, the stuff I rooted earlier has almost completely slid inside the head!

I guess I need to glue as I go or something… but it’s very frustrating.

1 Like

@specialmoments had the exact same problem, but I’m not sure what she did about it because I can’t find the thread.

1 Like

Here it is http://discourse.bountifulbaby.com/t/has-anyone-had-this-happen-with-mohair/78897

1 Like

Yep it’s happened to me. The only explanation I could possibly give myself was that I was holding my needle on such an angle that when it went to the inside of the head it was actually grabbing the already rooted hair and pulling it in further. The last time I rooted I had an angle but not quite so flat against the head and it helped a lot. Frustrating!

1 Like

By physics it can be only logically explained that holes diameters are larger than hair diameters, so it keep sleeping inside further and further. I think the only solution in this case is to glue as you go.
I might be wrong tho, but this explanation make sense to me.

2 Likes

I agree with Yelena, I would think the hole is too big-----do you use ‘forked’ needles? I don’t use them cause I feel like the holes they leave are just too big.

Yelena, I like the way your mind works! :slight_smile: By the way, do you have a degree in Science?

1 Like

Thank you :wink:!
No, I have no relation to science. I have a degree in Civil Engineering and City Architecture from Ukraine. Here I am a programmer (not by choice) just because computer language was easier than English :rofl:

3 Likes

Smart and very funny. :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

LOL! I really believe you. English is said to be one of the hardest languages to learn. Funny, though, it was easy for me! LOLOL BUT, German was hard. I never did learn much of it. :slight_smile: Seriously, though, I think you do very well with the English language.

1 Like

Thank you @DollyPardon and @Jacelyn5440! I use this forum for my English exercise as I never wrote in English that much before I joined this forum :rofl:

3 Likes

You do really well.

1 Like