Messed up bodies

I keep getting these bodies that look like they have a penis. First with Laura, now with Darina.

One of my customers hated Laura’s body so much that she switched it out immediately, so I’m going to have to use BB body instead. Still, I’d like to fix these so I don’t waste them completely.

Would this be possible for someone with minimal sewing skills?

4 Likes

Sure. Turn the body inside out, pin the pouch to how you want the crotch to be and sew it up. Except for the hanging crotch, I like these bodies. babies have skinny little hips and most bodies have a too wide crotch and the legs look like they’re growing out the side of the hips instead of underneath.

5 Likes

That simple, huh? :rofl: I had really complicated this in my head.

I’m kind of wondering why the included bodies keep looking like this. When Laura was first released, fine. Mistakes happen. But still?? The bodies would be nice if I didn’t have to switch them out or sew them.

1 Like

I’m not sure it was a mistake. She was trying to achieve more realistic placement/positioning of the legs.

1 Like

I haven’t found a way to even stuff it so there isn’t a bulge between the legs. But hey, if everyone else is happy with it, so be it.

1 Like

It would be good, in the future, if the crotch was adjusted to eliminate that extra fabric between the legs, but I suspect they had as many bodies made as kits so they have to use them. It’s inside a diaper, anyway, so I personally don’t see it as a problem. I would fix it, though, 'cause I’m really picky.

3 Likes

I thought it looked weird before, but ignored it for this very reason. The one customer who hated it and switched it out right away made me worry about it. Most of my customers at this point are hard core collectors who are probably comparing this to their other dolls.

Oh well, she may have been in the minority of people who would care.

2 Likes

I totally agree with you Jeanhai, that WIDE crotch drives me Nuts!!! Nobody’s legs come out the side of their body!! I usually take mine “in”.

1 Like

I didn’t notice if my Laura body had this issue. Nothing seemed to stand out but I line that area with polyfil and then place two vinyl gloves filled with glass beads inri the bottoms of my doll bodies. It seems to fill in that area pretty well. Maybe some of these bodies are defective. I like the narrower crotches too.

1 Like

I hate super wide crotches too, so the narrow one is nice… but there is a way to do this without making it look like scrotum is hanging there. :rofl::rofl:

A lot of artists complained about Laura’s body when she was first released. I wasn’t a fan of the bulge, but used it. My customer had another Laura and said the body was different. Im not 100% sure if some are defective, if this varies by distributor, or if we should suck it up and deal with the bulge for the sake of narrow hips.

I should sew it as Jean said and put them side by side. Equally narrow hips, one without the bulge.

1 Like

Did you get your Lauras from TruBorn or somewhere else? I got both mine from TruBorns and recently bought another from Mac’s.

I got them all from Macphersons.

1 Like

Come to think of it, in some of the Mac bodies I’ve used in the past I think I’ve seen extra material there. Not as bad as the one in your pic but not quite like other body crotches. I will look at my Laura from Macs tomorrow and compare it to the TruBorn body.

1 Like

Please do. If there is a difference I will order additional Lauras from Truborns instead.

2 Likes

Here they are compared. The one I.got from Macs is on the right. The bodies look like they are exact the same. The Macs body crotch is just a tiny bit wider but it’s not the usual body they send with kits. Looks same as the one Truborns sends with Laura.

1 Like

I swear. Non-dolly people would be so horrified by a lot of our conversations. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

You should order them from Truborn anyway. Bobbi is a single mom who could use all of our business. And you have bought enough Laura kits to pay for Levi’s college. :joy:

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Will do. I always love to support other single moms. I certainly know what it’s like to be one.

3 Likes

Exactly what I was thinking last night when on this thread. So true! :joy: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

…and the little body parts all over my house. :rofl:

3 Likes