MacPherson Issue

Maphersons aside, I order minimally from everywhere else too these day. Can’t justify paying $100 for kits with dents, scrapes, holes, and bubbles, when $30 Will guarantee me a perfect kit… And seriously, this comes up a lot. Fortunately it’s stuff that I can hide much of the time with creative painting, but sometimes it’s not. And if the defects aren’t found quickly enough, too bad… I’m stuck selling at a boo boo price a doll made from a full priced kit.

I can not understand for the life of my why this is such an issue. I have never once had an issue with a BB kit, nor have I had any problems with Bonnie Brown’s kits, but with so many others, it’s such a crap shoot. Why isn’t everyone who produces these kits insisting on the same high standards?

3 Likes

Just received my kit from them yesterday no problems except it was weirdly kind of greasy feeling I washed it with dawn and hot water

Pretty frustrated … still no answer to my requests about who pays the shipping to return the kit. I’m PMing Brenda on here today. I would like to call them, but I’m deaf. If no response by Monday, I’ll be having my partner phone them on Tuesday. Realized I forgot to attach them above, here are the pictures of the issues with the kit.

Are those the only spots?

Have you washed the kit with dawn dish soap?

Sometimes mine have dark spots but the wash off with soap.

3 Likes

It’s hard to tell just from a picture, but as Jenni said some of those look like they may wash off. If not, they make be ink transfer from something, and if so, that should come off with some acne cream. The one on the foot May be inside the vinyl, but it’s hard to tell from the pic. No matter what it is, I know it’s frustrating for you! :frowning:

Took the photos just in case before I washed the kit - it’s been scrubbed, soaked, and dried to no avail. The spots didn’t even fade. There’s also some serious imperfection in the vinyl along the nose and the back of the leg too, as well as on the non-separated fingers and toes - like the vinyl is peeling, almost? I noticed it was more severe than I thought after the kit totally dried. It’s harder to capture in pictures as my camera isn’t great quality, going to try to get some on my partner’s phone this week, it’s better quality. The vinyl imperfection more feels gross than anything - it’s a very noticeable seam when you run your fingers over it. I will try the acne cream on the spots, thank you!

1 Like

I totally get your frustration. The black spots on my kit are not coming off either- they aren’t as bad as yours, so they will be turned into freckles or some mark. The rough vinyl is tough to get around… when you paint it, it looks dirty. It’s hard to make it look nice.

Spots like these, when I had them on my kits, came out closer to the surface as the vinyl was baked, and in the end left rugged black hole. The black stuff itself was coarse and crisp, like something burned. People who use air dry paint might be able to paint over, but if you bake I would not even try.

As I am in Australia, postage is a killer and I do try to deal with problems without anything having to be sent anywhere.
This is one of my salvage attempts; it was just a tiny little black spot on one of Gudrun Legler kits. To start with it looked like the 1st photo above. As i baked, with every baking it got bigger, until the black stuff burst out, and when I tried to get it all out, it ended up like this, and everything I tried to fill the hole with just came out. The flaky stuff around the hole is something I used to fill it with. When I sent this shot to Gudrun, she sent me lovely note and replacement arm.

4 Likes

Oh my goodness Ludmilla, that is awful!! I’m so glad you were able to get a replacement arm for that one. It’s certainly frustrating to have issues like this and at the price of some of these kits inspection should be more diligent before being sent out!! JMO

2 Likes

Well, they refunded me for the kit today and closed my ticket. A little frustrated as what I want was an exchange, and now I’ll have to buy something else with the new kit if I don’t want to pay for shipping because he was half off. I don’t understand why customer service was so short with me? I don’t feel I was aggressive and I wasn’t incredibly upset, I just wanted to exchange for a non-damaged kit.

@MacPhersonCrafts any comment about the service? I’m ok with the refund I guess, but the ticket was closed without checking with me, I really would’ve preferred an exchange, and I’m not thrilled with the way I was treated when asking why I was sent a damaged kit.

3 Likes

It is disappointing when you have your heart set on kit and this happens. But consider the possibility that many of these kits have problems, and that is the reason they are on special.
There are so many amazing kits around; just move on. Either look for David elsewhere or get another kit.
I had a similar experience with Karola Wegerich, got a kit on pre-sale, waited for it, and when it finally arrived I was absolutely smitten, and thought I will never let this one go. Then I noticed number of black spots on the cheeks. I asked for replacement head, and was told that it costs too much to post to Australia, and that the best they are willing do is to refund me, IF I send them pics of the kit cut up to pieces. The kit with postage cost me something like $160 (?) and to send the head would have cost them about $20, but they rather lost the $160 than send me another head. I did consider offering to pay the postage, but decided against it.
At first I frantically searched for another of this kit, but then I cooled down and decided I will never do any of their kits again. Why on earth would anybody send a kit to the other side of the world without having good look at it, especially the face.

i do not know if other suppliers sell Tina Kewy kits, but I know there was lot of controversy about her, and lot of people would not buy her kits. I thought that the past should be forgotten and I did actually get one and although I thought it was a lovely baby, it did not sell that well, and had lot less watchers than my dolls usually attract.

2 Likes

Hello my friends: :slight_smile:
This HALF PRICE kit has been FULLY REFUNDED due to the little “spot”…as there has been no way to re-solve this issue with this particular customer…despite the fact that shipping was also also included free of charge. :frowning:
We refunded it completely yet this customer continues to be disgruntled.
We did not choose to continue any ongoing problem…hence our refund
Any who truly knows us… knows we appreciate you and are easy to get along with & we serve our customers with the utmost integrity.
We love all of you & appreciate your ongoing support…:slight_smile:
hUgs B XOXOXO

1 Like

Ludmila :slight_smile:
Hope life is treating you well…GOD BLESS
hUgs B XO

1 Like

Dear @MacPhersonCrafts. Glad to hear that this issue is resolved, but I have to tell you that these “little spots” create a very large problem for us when it’s time to sell. If we can’t work around them, we end up having to sell our babies at boo boo prices, which none of us want to do.

Any feedback on why some kits have these, while some don’t? Or perhaps any ideas to get rid of them beyond scrubbing and oxy10? What would prevent this from happening again so that no one has to send a kit back or ask for a refund?

2 Likes

really??? …I will look up your order?? That shocks me…as we really do appreciate our customers and if we missed a “thank you” that is surprising & we are very sorry!!! :frowning:
h\ugs Brenda XOXOXOX

1 Like

yes SO TRUE…we are a small Mom and Pop store Ludmila
Just a bunch of middle aged HARD WORKING ladies trying our best
God BlessYou!!! XO

1 Like

bless her heart for replacing it…I have never seen this picture before…where did you purchase this kit from Ludmila???
I don’t have any record of it being purchased from us
hUgs B

1 Like

we do inspect the kits

1 Like

No, it was not from you.

1 Like

Being oily is not the seller’s fault, that is a manufacturing problem.

2 Likes