Look what I've been doing...need feedback!

I decided to try my hand at prism pencil only head. Custom order but wants me to do whatever and come close to matching picture. Any advice?

13 Likes

It’s looking great. Maybe the eyebrows come down a little too long on the sides compared to the real baby. It could be the photo angle though. :relaxed:

2 Likes

I agree…can fix that and the arch. I think the end should be just a tad higher.

2 Likes

Coming along very nicely so far x

2 Likes

Moving along. What should I do next?

10 Likes

How do I soften the hairline?

1 Like

I like what your doing, but I can’t help as I haven’t tried to do prisma hair yet.

1 Like

Thanks…I keep sharpening my pencils but they go dull really fast. ? Should I bake next then put varnish on?

After seeing @specialmoments post about painted hair I want to crawl in a hole and give up. Her work is amazing and (you can’t tell it) that’s what I’m shooting for! :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

I was about to re-attempt the prisma and the brush, but after seeing both (I’ve not shared mine) I think the needle is my wand for right now!

1 Like

Yours is looking good! I think if you made some ‘locks’ of hair thicker and darker than others it would add more depth. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ask the master of prisms pencil @specialmoments she knows all the in n outs of it, I think it looks fantastic !

3 Likes

Nooo. Yours look great. I love style. I would thicken the sides a bit more. Maybe connect some of the strokes like darkening a bit of the areas. I think your lines and everything is great. You could also almost fill in some areas like your coloring with like a crayon or actual pencil. That’s what I do on certain looks to give it that more realistic full look.

5 Likes

Thank you love!!

Me and my horrible explanation.

You’re getting there at least you’ve got the guts to try I’m scared I’ll mess one up, so I send them to Cierra lol

3 Likes

Looking good, Melanie!

1 Like

On a gut feeling I called a local art store (known more for framing) and asked if they carried Prisma Pencils. They do AND they had French Grey in several shades. I bought several of the darker shades @ only $1.70 a pencil. Yahoo! Used thinner to wipe down around the hairline area and starting over.

7 Likes

Michaels carry the prisma pencils if you have one close. I prefer Sepia and Dark Umber for most looks. I use black and dark brown occasionally.

I use thinner to soften or lighting areas especially like on eyebrows or if I am using black. Looks good!!! Keep it up!

3 Likes

I buy my prisma pencils from Michaels…but…they never have French Grey. I use Sepia, Black and Dark Umber as well. Our Michaels doesn’t carry the full selection of pencils. I’m careful with the Browns cause they tend to turn orange. Up until now I’ve only used them on the brows. Here’s an update of my progress.

15 Likes