Let's Show our Work, or WIP!

This looks great!!

1 Like

Need opinionsā€¦Iā€™m working on this saskia girl. Iā€™m using wavy/curly hair, but Iā€™m not liking it. Iā€™ve been cutting the strands in half before rooting, so not so much wastageā€¦but Iā€™m wondering if it would have looked better using full strands? Can I pull out what I have done and re-root? Or any other suggestions?

Customer thinks itā€™s cute and my daughter loves it, but Iā€™m not liking it much :frowning:

3 Likes

I tend to like the wavy curlyā€¦It is often really hard to tell until you finish and cut the hairā€¦

Finish rooting. Then style it. I donā€™t ever like the curly hair during the rooting stage. But once itā€™s done, I love it. Itā€™s hard to visualize. But I think itā€™s going to look great once itā€™s done. :heart:ļø

1 Like

I think it will be cute when done. After cutting the hair spritz with h2o/conditioner solution and style with a tooth brush. The curls will pop right outā€¦let air dry and lightly separate/fluff curls w/ fingers.

Thanks, ladies!

I was hoping not to have to trim it much after rooting. Do you think I should root some straight hair around the hairline (forehead/temples) I have the same colour

I will try that. Thanks!

1 Like

Ready for hair in this baby, too. Do you think the colouring is more like Native American? Or African smerican?
Also, if AA, do you think I should use curly hair or straight?

11 Likes

I agree with the others- it will look better once styled. You can wet and just scrunch up a bit or do curls with the toothbrush which looks very pretty. Maybe next time move the part a little higher up on the head, and then it wouldnā€™t look quite as thick. Also, for an AA baby straight or curly is really your preference. Some babies have straight hair and some more curly- look at some real babies for referencešŸ˜Š

To me he looks more AA. I think he would look great with either not to curly or straight. Great complexion.

1 Like

Look like a very nice AA baby to me ! Wavy or curly, itā€™s really up to you, what you prefer rooting.

@Mommarobin her coloring does not matter, she is what you want her to be. Remember we are in America and a lot of us are multiracial and same/different shades! Skin color is not a race! That baby is beautiful!

5 Likes

Somewhere I saw an artist who straightens curly mohair with a flat iron to root it and then spritzes it, when finished, to bring back the curl. I am not that clever but thought it a good idea. My grandchild does her very curly hair that way and it works for her.

2 Likes

Lots of reborners do that, it works great.

1 Like

I donā€™t think you can go wrong no matter what direction you go, this baby is beautiful!

1 Like

ty so much!

I was planning on straight hair if native, and curly hair if AA

3 Likes

Thanks!!

1 Like

TY! Im putting his body together this evening

1 Like

Working on custom Grace asleep!

21 Likes

Pretty skin tones.

1 Like