Let's Show our Work, or WIP!

I’m loving Sugar too. I’ve always loved her. In fact she was the first kit I ever bought, but then of course I wouldn’t paint her right away in fear of wrecking her. This is the second one I’ve ever done and I don’t know why I don’t do her more, I just love her. I made Macey thinking I would root her and give her to my mom for her birthday, but I might have to swap her out for Sugar. Only reason I didn’t do her in the first place is because her hands, feet and ears aren’t as nice as the realborns.

2 Likes

I agree with @Mommarobin, I’m not a fan of her mouth and tongue, but there is something about her that is cute. My goal is to make every BB at least once. So I just figured I’d give her a paci and that would take care of the mouth showing all the time. A lot of the time I don’t really think a kit is that cute and it ends up being one of my favourites when completed.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, I’ve never been able to “fix” a spot of paint once it was removed and have it actually blend in. You can never cover that exact spot perfectly with paint without it touching on the part that still has the paint and darkening the areas around the spot. After numerous attempts, I just ended up making it a scratch which won’t help your situation. It took numerous layers to get your nose that colour so you won’t be able to just put some paint on it and have it match. Not sure if anyone else has a method for blending a spot of missing paint, but I haven’t figured it out.

I think I have it passable…I really goofed up with trying to remove the milk spots. Could kick myself now. But, it’s just my second baby, so I gotta give myself some slack. It’s just a shame to get this far into the process and mess something up.

I did 4 layers of flesh, then some blush. I’ll post it tomorrow after I get it cured

1 Like

20 Likes

Beautiful !! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

After you put a spot of primer or matt, make them baby pimples, not milk bumps. Put a little light red down on those spots then a yellowish flesh bump on that.

1 Like

Omg, me to!! I got so frustrated that I put her down 4 1/2 weeks ago. Sad thing is, I loved this kit and couldn’t wait for her!

2 Likes

Great job -she s so sweet :heart_eyes:

I am finally starting to be happier with Laila, but still not there and not sure I will get the look I wanted for her. I decided to leave the brows alone for the moment and take up my corrections there next time. Anyway here is my progress.

23 Likes

She’s looks great -Lov that skin color - so delicate! :heart:

1 Like

Thank you! Such a pretty kit, but I have had trouble with ever single step. The worst since I first started to paint for some reason.

2 Likes

She looks very “new” :slight_smile:
Beautiful!

1 Like

Time for hair!

11 Likes

Thank you! Psyching up for tinkering with the brows.

Awe, she’s beautiful!!

Aww thanks @RebornsbyZebra yours too . I did not enjoy starting her but love her now x

1 Like

Human hair jerry curls

So many beautiful babies! You ladies are so talented!

I guess a clay sculpt counts LOL :joy: I need to fix the one eye for sure it’s a bit crooked

14 Likes

That’s so cool!