Let’s Show our Work, or WIP! Part 2

My poor Darren definitely has a good side :joy:

And uh… this side.

10 Likes

I think it’s very newborn looking. I see the problem, but I am not sure if you can add some blushing without getting it worst.

1 Like

And this is After trying to fix the blush. :joy: I’m going to go with it since newborn is the look I was going for since he is a small fella. It’s not hugely glaring and he’s just for me. But ugh. Baby 3: lesson in further patience. Maybe this lesson will stick around when I get to baby #4. Hopefully.

1 Like

She is adorable!!
I wish I still had little girls who loved dolls!! Ill bet your little girls are going to be so happy, what an awesome Mom you are :slight_smile:

Lighting is terrible but I finished rooting this custom and just had to take pictures to send to his Mommy…he goes home right after Christmas :blush:

24 Likes

What a cutie! I love those little teeth!

1 Like

I think he is looking very good! And varnish also will come some color also. You should be proud of yourself!

1 Like

How adorable! Love his hairstyle and color!
May I ask what is your distance between hair in mm? Do you do 1-2 hairs per hole or it’s more?
I love how it looks.

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:

I keep them very close together, less than a mm. When Im doing thick hair, like his, I do about two or three hairs, I guess, per hole, I dont bother with mono rooting unless Im doing thinner hair. I have a large magnifier with a light that attaches (clips on) to my over bed table (like the ones in the hospital) and I watch through there and pluck when I need to :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Amazing rooting, wow! This looks spectacular!

2 Likes

Thanks so much :blush:

1 Like

Thank you! You’re always so sweet. The green wash did tone him down quite a bit really! I’m happy with him so far. Here he is tonight! Under my grow light and in my daylight bulb living room lighting.

14 Likes

I like his coloring, but may I be not so sweet and tell you that his eyebrows are too high. If you didn’t bake them yet and it’s a chance to bring them down, I would do that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for saying something! I hate brows. :joy: I haven’t varnished those brows yet cuz they give me such issues. I did them probably 6 times. :joy: I shall lower them! Any tips for making them evenly shaped? I’m right handed so I’m having issues getting them to match.

3 Likes

It sounds weird but try turning the head upside down lol I paint the left brow with the head upright and then turn it upside down to paint the right one. Sounds odd but it works lol And use a lighter hand than you think you need. You can always add more hairs after to shape them up

3 Likes

Eyebrows are hard, may be this will help

2 Likes

@YelenaRey @MilosMeadows Thank you guys! When I’m off work in the morning I’ll take them off and see what I can do with him tomorrow night at work if we aren’t busy.

1 Like

Stunning! I loved first blonde Saskia like this, and I love this one equally!

1 Like

I think his coloring looks great! I really can’t even tell that you had a problem with the cheeks- looks like a newborn! I am a huge fan of a mint wash, and any shade of green wash. With the brighter greens, you just have to be careful not to overdo because it brings out yellow, but it sure does add something. I think you did great. For me, my third and fourth babies were more challenging. I became confident, maybe overly so, and bit off more than I could chew with the coloring. So 4th, baby just go nice and slow and keep it simple!

1 Like

The difference paint can make!

23 Likes