John John?

I got mine today, no defects.

1 Like

Black dots. I hate those with a passion because I can never get rid of them and can’t cover them up. Last time I tried, I tore the vinyl up and still didn’t get it out.

Holding my breath.

2 Likes

Mine came… I haven’t examined it closely yet…

6 Likes

Mine has a small bubble on the big toe, but no black specks.

If the bubble is bad, I’d ask for a replacement. They can grow over time if you do heat set.

2 Likes

Agreed, a bubble is not a work around flaw

1 Like

But they won’t guarantee with heat set paints

The bubble is small, and it didn’t burst, so you can see it, but can’t feel it. I do air dry, so I don’t have to worry about issues baking. If it starts to look problematic, I’ll dig it out and fill it with heavy medium. I had to do this inside of Laura’s ear.

1 Like

Her is a pic of it.

1 Like

Mine had a small hole on the right leg above the knee with a small spot the color of tobacco juice…:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Cleaned it out and put acne cream and letbsit in sun all afternoon…will seal before painting and see how it goes.

No black flecks though

2 Likes

Inspected mine, he looks alright!

I have one black fleck. Was very relieved to see that it was near a knee, so no big deal. The vinyl is soft.

7 Likes

So dang cute

1 Like

He reminds me a lot of loulou. I love his/her sweet sleepy face

2 Likes

A hole??? Can you get them to replace it?

Not a hole all the way thru…i guess you could call it a divot…I’ll just fill it with thick medium before first bake so it doesnt grab the paint.

Its small…about the size of the end part of a toothpick…im guessing from where a piece if metal may have poked it coming out of the mold…that brown stuff was probably oil.

1 Like

Really nice lips on this kit. The more I paint him, the more I like him. :blush:

11 Likes

Me too :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

@DollyPardon and @RosieCait your John John’s are gorgeous :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I can’t wait to start mine!

3 Likes

Look good !
Sadly after waiting so long I can’t start painting him until next week, as I have a lot on my plate right now.

2 Likes