Ivy kit

SO the lady for whom I made the open eyed Joseph to send to her Mom was totally in love with him. Her young teen grand daughter came to bible study with her Sunday night (where I delivered him) so she got to see him as well and totally fell in love with him. She has been studying up on reborn dolls and knows a lot about them and really wants one. So now her grandmother has agreed to get her one made by me for Christmas. The sculpt she picked was Ivy. I was thinking, “Oh dear, not the prettiest face!” But that is who she wants. Since she’s been on sale I went ahead and ordered her. She came this week and I had no idea she was so large! In person and blank kit form, her face does not look quite as quirky as the reborn versions I have seen. I am hoping I can make her have a more softer baby look to her face. We shall see!

19 Likes

Oh, yeah. You’ve got this. Can’t wait to see what you do with her.

i don’t like the prototypes of her. Cant wait to see what you do with this kit!

4 Likes

I like the blank kit more than the phototype

3 Likes

The prototypes had me convinced I was never going to paint her! I am so happy you will be painting her!

3 Likes

I have always loved that kit since before it came out. She was one kit that I waited for and wanted so badly! So, when it came out, I had to get it. Don’t know when I will paint it, but I have it anyway. :slight_smile: Kinda funny in a way how everyone likes different things.

1 Like

That kit is on my radar!

Excited to see ur version of kit I been thinking on this kit I might have to order it when I can

I’m excited to see how she will turn out💕 I also have an Ivy kit and I’m going to make it a boy avatar baby.

1 Like

I over blushed this one. I did not know until after I painted her the customer decided she wants me to paint the hair red. I tried toning down the coloring but decided this baby’s coloring is all wrong for the look she has in mind. So I have sold this one as a painted kit and I am looking for another at a sale price to start over for the custom order.

Here is the painted kit.

1 Like