Is it my imagination

Or are the daily deals inconsistent? It seems that some kits are the DD for less than a day. I feel sure Kimi was only the DD for a matter of hours. I got the email and once I had time to order, she was no longer the DD. Then there are other (maybe less popular?) kits are the deal for more than one day. Maybe it shouldn’t be called the daily deal. Or maybe it’s that the emails aren’t sent as soon as they go on sale. I don’t mean to be a complainer. I am just really disappointed.

I was wondering the same thing…

The way I understand it, is that the DD runs until the supply on hand is exhausted or 24 hours has been reached. I think I’ve also read in the emails that the DD can end at any time.

I didn’t get an email on Kimi until late afternoon and it ended at midnight. I wasn’t ordering, so it didn’t matter. I agree though, it does seem inconsistent. Some are listed the day before and go through the next day, so at times, there are 2 available.

I think it is just due to supply and demand. Maybe BB has a certain number of kits set aside at that price. If they all sell out rapidly, the sale ends. If there are too many left, they extend the sale. Just guessing but that is what I thought when I first noticed the differences.

— Begin quote from “pia”

I didn’t get an email on Kimi until late afternoon and it ended at midnight. I wasn’t ordering, so it didn’t matter. I agree though, it does seem inconsistent. Some are listed the day before and go through the next day, so at times, there are 2 available.

— End quote

Yes. I got the email sometime in the afternoon too. I did look back and they had announced the next DD here late that same afternoon. I just didn’t realize that Kimi was still at the sale price until midnight since they had the next deal up. So it was my mistake I guess. I didn’t need to order her anyway. Elsie, Sweet Carolina and the Sullivan quads are next in line to be painted.

— Begin quote from “djjessie228”

I think it is just due to supply and demand. Maybe BB has a certain number of kits set aside at that price. If they all sell out rapidly, the sale ends. If there are too many left, they extend the sale. Just guessing but that is what I thought when I first noticed the differences.

— End quote

You’re probably right about that.

Kimi had been up for some time before the email was in my box. I think they are fairly consistent unless they sell out. If you time it right you can get both today’s and tomorrow’s daily deals saving some on postage.
hugs
joy