I'm new here

Hi! I just wanted to introduce myself. I am pretty new to the reborn world. I have admired from afar since I discovered them probably 15-20 years ago, but started reborning in my spare time this fall. I am now hooked and work on my babies at least for a little while every day. I was thinking of going to the ROSE show and doing some workshops, but they all seem to be at the same time on the same day, so I could only do one. I’m not sure if it’s worth it for me to come all the way out for that.

Either way, I’m enjoying learning the process, and what works for me. Thank you for letting me hang out here and learn from all of you!

Jordana
LiliBe Nursery

13 Likes

Welcome to the forum, Jordana!!

1 Like

Welcome!

1 Like

Welcome!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome to the forum Jordana! I know your babies from Reborns :). They are all very lovely and a great quality for someone who just started at fall of 2019. I am looking forward to see more of your creations!

1 Like

Welcome, I look forward to seeing your babies :heart:

1 Like

Welcome to the forum!

1 Like

Welcome!! You should definitely come to Rose! I didn’t even take any classes last year, just went to the events and shopped, and it was a blast!!

1 Like

Welcome. I wish you could do more than 1 class in that week also. I’m sure you would love the show and class. You should really try to go.

1 Like

Aww that is very nice of you to say, thank you so much!! <3

What kind of shopping is there? I’m not really a doll collector - is there supplies or is it mostly artists selling? What kinds of events are there? Would you recommend the whole 4 days, or just a day or two is enough?

1 Like

Even if you are not a collector it’s a great experience to see other artists painting styles and get familiar with the kits. I am relatively new also and went to IDTS in Orlando last year and was shocked how small Tink and Twins A&B are in person. And of course it’s great way to meet your fellow reborn artists.
At IDTS they were other vendors: MacPherson, Eco, silicone baby supply company, don’t remember all of them now.

2 Likes

I went to the ROSE show for the first time last year. I didn’t take any classes, because they’re out of my budget, but the rest was so much fun! Especially the baby shower. Then there was the reborn contest, the awards banquet and the tea party. Just the show is amazing. There are dolls, kits, supplies and clothes to buy. Seeing silicone babies in person was an experience in itself. The baby shower had a great buffet and some fun games with prizes. The awards banquet also had a buffet and they gave out the awards to the people who won the contests. There were many reborn sculptors there and we got to meet them. I’m so hoping to go again this year. I already have my event tickets. They sell out early so if you want to go you should probably get your event tickets soon. If you go to rosedollexpo.com you can find all the information about the show.

I still have room in my ethnic painting class. It’ll be my first year at ROSE too. I’ve been to IDTS and met so many amazing sculptors and other artists. It was so much fun. (I don’t collect either)

7 Likes

The SHOW itself is only Friday and Saturday. I get there on Thursday so I can attend the Baby Shower Thursday night. Classes start on Wed and Thursday so if you aren’t taking classes there is no reason to be there. You can leave on Saturday after the show if you want but I usually leave Sunday morning. I have Never taken any classes, they are out of my pocketbook reach. I sure wish I could though. If you are attending the Baby Shower, Awards Banquet and The Social gathering (Sat. night) then you would need to be there Thursday, Friday and Saturday. It’s a GREAT Show!! I buy supplies there and lots of goodies that I think I can’t live without------but the BEST part is meeting up with Forum Friends!!

1 Like

Your Levi-girl is GORGEOUS! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Yes, we - me and my hubby are coming! I had a hard time to buy tickets to Award Banquet this year, but I finally got them! So looking forward to meet you! I’ve met a few artist from this forum last year. If you will search for ‘ITDS’ you’ll find a thread with photos from last year.

3 Likes

I do wish I could go. My husband has said if we do go to one within the next few years, it will be Orlando :wink: Attraction-wise, I agree!

1 Like

We are spamming this thread with IDTS, sorry @LiliBe.
Lets move it to Idts 2020

1 Like