Im making my Mother a Dorothy Wizard of Oz Annie

My Mothers birthday is sept 12 and I have an Annie kit I am going to change into Dorothy from the wizard of oz. I have never done a big baby, but what I am mostly concerned about is the hair. I was thinking wig, but I kinda really thought shed be better rooted. Im not sure, I need advice. She’s going to need hair at least below her shoulders because she will need those french braids that dorothy has. But

Can you part the hair and have it braided and styles with a wig or does it look tacky or what? If I could get away with a wig that would be great of course but I am supposing the best look would be the hair of course right?

I have the dress I bought off a girl in this forum , she’s very nice. I am going to get a basket and a little dog too. and I am looking to get her a glass milk bottle.

If anyone else has some more ideas let me know. Oh shoot I need ruby slippers! Those are going to be a must

Can’t wait to see how she comes out! That should be cute. My Mom’s birthday would have been September 15th, and if she was still here, I would have been making her a baby too. She loved dolls!

Oh and socks that are white with a lace trim. I might have to crochet some Mary manes in red and put sequins on em. Please let me know if anyone has ever seen a shoe resembling ruby slippers thanks!

I hope she comes out nice Roberta I will post pics when I make progress she only has her mint and flesh layers so far!

Great idea Tiff i will have to have my husband take me out there. And Karen what is a braided wig? I am not sure- sorry if that a dumb question- does that mean one thats already styled>

Katie, Walmart has ruby red, glittery shoes. The only thing is that I am not sure if they come small enough. I want to get a pair for my Tibby. I have a Dorothy costume that I bought at Goodwill and can’t wait to use it. You would probably be better off searching for a wig. I would think that it could get costly trying to find longer mohair. You are going to have fun with this one.

Karen, have you come across anywhere that offers a large variety of wigs? I’m looking for a redish mohair, full cap wig, boyish cut. I’m just not finding much out there.

— Begin quote from “kimomax”

Katie, Walmart has ruby red, glittery shoes. The only thing is that I am not sure if they come small enough. I want to get a pair for my Tibby. I have a Dorothy costume that I bought at Goodwill and can’t wait to use it. You would probably be better off searching for a wig. I would think that it could get costly trying to find longer mohair. You are going to have fun with this one.

— End quote

Thanks Kim I am going to check walmart today I am head over there in a few. Just heading to old country buffet, the inlaws are taking my husband out for lunch for his bday that was friday adn then we are going to walmart to get him some polos for his new job monday. I will check then thank you!

Please look- I found these wigs. which one do you think? I will be doing short braids and leave long curls/waves out at the ends of them! i know she doesnt have bangs but i think bangs make a wig look better so shes having bangs =)

oh really? i didnt know they had long wigs i am gonna check that out! rainy sunday over here

I think the Denise wig will work great.

Kim! thats what ill get. oh yeah and its still pouring today!

I just found the cutest red mary janes! They are only 2 1/2 inches long. I thought of you as soon as I saw them! Here is a link
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Reborn-Doll-85m … 588ba197eb

these are so cute, thanks so much Roberta!

— Begin quote from “kathrynpgadomski”

these are so cute, thanks so much Roberta!

— End quote

Your welcome! BOL with your project! I am sure your Mom will love her!

Not yet I decided to root her hair but I might quit and buy a wig now because this head is so big!

Katie, look at this listing. I’m sure yours will be far superior, but thought you would enjoy seeing this one. I am a HUGE Wizard of OZ fan.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dorothy-Adora-C … 5d30237460

— Begin quote from “kimomax”

Katie, look at this listing. I’m sure yours will be far superior, but thought you would enjoy seeing this one. I am a HUGE Wizard of OZ fan.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dorothy-Adora-C … 5d30237460

— End quote

Oh my goodness, how cute is she! I’m sure yours is going to be even cuter, Katie!

• Carmen M.

Oh my gosh!!! She’s so cute!!! Hers is better probably, I ran out of money and couldn’t buy a wig so I bought fakehair from sally’s and am rooting with that. Im am sure my mother will still like her. I can only see one picture because I am on my phone and can’t wait to see the rest or the pictures on my home computer. Thanks for sharing I’ve been looking all over.

FORGET IT!!! Mine IS gonna be cuter- because i said so! hmph! lol- but really, this is adorable, but im gonna be lovin mine better. i hope you girls will too. she is almost done being rooted. her hair is not going to be this nice, but shes still going to be lovely. and i have props for her coming today, like, of course, the basket and toto, the lions badge, the tin mans heart, I am going to make the scarecrows diploma. all thats going in the basket. and I have a glinda necklace for her, and I also am making her a no place like home bracelet or something with these beads.

I also thought of sticking a fake poppy into her basket (i think i will!) i watched the movie twice over the past few days =)
my son loves it too

Yours is absolutely going to be better, no doubt! Can’t wait to see her - be sure to post pictures when you are all done, okay?