If you use artist grade acrylics on your dolls

Before adding any water…

Just wanted to say thanks for your input!! I just got the head to the point of blushing and creasing! MUCH better mottling! Definitely a “first/novice” baby, but so much better! I will post pics Monday or Tuesday​:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::blush:

1 Like

beading up of the paint is definitely caused by too much water. You need to add less water and more paint medium. Also too much water will lead to color fading down the road.

1 Like

Please clarify your process. do you prep the kit with the glazing medium and then just paint with just acrylic paint and use a sealer at the end? OR, or are you mixing the glazing medium with the paint and not using a sealer? I typically use glass & tile medium but we all know now its out of stock everywhere. so, I’m looking for an alternative for that.

I use Liquitex professional paints but I’ve never used glazing medium. I clean the kits really well and let them dry. Then I start painting. The only time I seal before painting is if the kit is shiny after being washed. I use DuraClear Ultra Matte Varnish for that. I mix a little Liquitex Ultra Matte Gel in with my paints. When my paint is finished and cured, I use DecoArt DuraClear Ultra Matte Varnish as my sealer. Then I do a final seal of Americana Soft Touch Varnish that I blot with a dry cosmetic sponge. The Soft Touch Varnish is nearly impossible to find right now, so two coats of DuraClear would work.