IDTS has been permanently closed

At one point some were saying they were going to look into what legal actions could be taken but I have not heard if anyone ever did anything or not. I know along the time I got refunded a few others did as well. Some were able to get their refunds through Paypal claims. I do not think everyone as a whole has been paid back though. It is all a maddening and sad situation. Just today I got a pop up on my Google calender reminding me that IDTS 2022 was next week. I had forgotten to take it off. It just made me so sad.

4 Likes

I canā€™t get a refund thru paypal as it is well past the 6 months as I paid in early 2021 and past the deadline for a claim, before she announced she was closing.

2 Likes

I have been nice and have not attacked her, as I know we all have events in our lives that effect us differently. However, I messaged her on fb several times with no response. I just messaged her again with the email address shown on my paypal invoice. It is nice to hear that you got your refund. I am still hoping, but when I went to her page and to send her a message and saw she was on an exotic vacation again, and Iā€™m still without my money, it kind of hurtā€¦

4 Likes

I totally understand. Her response to me was that she was letting paypal work it out for those who wanted to file claims. The problem is that she has held so many peopleā€™s money for so long PP wonā€™t do anything for many. The whole thing is not right indeed.

4 Likes

That is putting it mildly. Itā€™s theft and people shouldnā€™t have to go track her down and deal with PayPal(knowing they have no way to win a claimšŸ™„). That money should had been returned the day it was announced the show is over. Those people need to come together with a class action lawsuit.

5 Likes

Completely agreed

2 Likes

Is this a situation where filing with oneā€™s local police department for fraud and theft would work? If sheā€™s on an exotic vacation, she has peopleā€™s money and is actually spending it, technically. How rude and crooked.

5 Likes

Oh I donā€™t disagree.

3 Likes

Do you or anyone else have an email address for her? or a physical address? I have tried thru messenger and she is not reading them. She has 3 fb accounts that I can find and none have her email. I would like to send her an invoice.

1 Like

I do not. You might try messaging either Stacey Haskins or Kathy Mitchell Gentry on FB. One of them might have it.

1 Like

Your PayPal transactions with her should show her email.

yes, but it is to Idt&S not her personally. And I believe she is ignoring those email accounts. Thanks for the suggestion though, but I already sent messages. As well as sent her an invoice to send me money. Just sad that you have to go thru all this trouble when you in good faith, paid to be a part of the those, yes this weekend and she closed down the venue over 6 months ago and still has not refunded everyone. ughā€¦

3 Likes

I think its time she receive a letter on attorney letterhead, i wish i had some to send you. I suspect shes hoping folks will just get tired of dealing with her nasty way of cheating and stop trying to get their money back, and some probably will. She may have sent Angieā€™s back because she knows she has a lot of clout in the reborn world.
What a horrible way to treat people!

4 Likes

Penelope you are so right on. I would keep fighting for my money for sure.

2 Likes

I would be posting on all the FB dolly groups I belong asking who else has not received their money back. Tag all those involved in the show and demand a response. Public posting should help. If anything, it will help strengthen any litigation that may have to be pursued.

6 Likes

Sometime you need to do what you need to do. Itā€™s terrible this is still going on.

4 Likes

Hopefully it would light a fire under her to do what is right.

5 Likes

If sheā€™s not done what is right so far, itā€™s likely that she doesnā€™t intend to. I feel for everybody that lost out on not only the opportunity to attend a show, but the money as well.

3 Likes

UPDATE: I JUST WON MY CASE - ( I paid in June 2021 but getting refunded thru paypal Aug. 2022)

DETAILS OF HOW I WON CASE: I called at 9:24 case reluctantly filed a claim with paypal. Lady didnā€™t want to file and gave me the spill, it was past 180 days. I insisted. She said it would get denied. I told her other people got their money and that claim was still open due to nature of the case. She was insistent I would get denied. I got email the case was filed. I asked to speak to a supervisor, when she kept telling me I would be denied. 9:30is supervisor asked me what the problem was, and I told him others were paid, as the event was not held last month. To look in the case and see that others were paid. He put me on hold. At 9:47 I got a email that I was denied thru email and case closed. At 10:12 I got an email that they were asking Idts for more info. Case reopened. But action details showed I was still denied. 10:30 I got the WINNING EMAIL - I was being refunded back to my bank account $350 and it would take 5 business days. Then the supervisor came back on the phone. He asked if I got the emails yet. I told him yes (case was denied, case reopened with request for more info from idts, and then a message that he was going to refund me) and he said yes that was what happened. He told me that he had to look at the case with another department, and because of Georgieā€™s specific practices, that they could see that she had done this to many people, and that they have parted ways with her, but that they had to find a way to get the money from her., which they did. So, I asked him if they got the money from her or if paypal was paying and they told me that NO, from her.
I asked what others could do to get their money back and here is what he told me: CALL PAYPAL AND ASK TO SPEAK TO A MANAGER, (as normal agents are trained to deny and basically give you the run around), THEN TELL THE MANAGER THEY NEED TO LOOK AT THE FILE IN DETAIL. THAT SHE HAS BEEN FLAGGED BY PAYPAL AND DUE TO HER SPECIFIC PRACTICES, THAT PAYPAL IS COLLECTING THE MONEY FROM GEORGIE AND REFUNDING PEOPLE. So Please donā€™t give upā€¦ and a BIG THANK YOU FOR EVERYONES ADVICE. So, if you have been denied, go back and ask to speak to a supervisor, and have them look at the case again. You may have been denied early on before they opened the file. It doesnā€™t matter if you paid with bank act. or card etc. they can refund you. Be persistent. I hope this helps.

14 Likes

Congratulations! Thatā€™s AMAZING!