I think I'm going to scream

Oh my gosh. I am so irritated and frustrated. They are delaying the release to early February. UGGGHHHHH!! I just want to scream. That’s so frustrating. I already had people contacting me about reserving some Realborn Owen’s for them, and now I have to tell them that he won’t be released until next month, do you know how bad that makes me feel? And do you know how bad that makes me look as an artist? Do they know how many people I had to turn away because Sienna was never released when they said she was going to be restocked December 2015?
I swear, I would scream if I didn’t have two older dogs that hate loud noises, so this is my scream on here.
Thanks for letting me scream

3 Likes

I would never allow people to reserve a doll that had not yet been released. You have no control over when production will really happen. All the release dates are tentative. It would just be too frustrating for me. Of course I seldom to a custom at all so it’s moot on my part, but it seems like it has been very frustrating for you and perhaps you should not even offer to do these babies until they are released. For your sake, I mean.
:relaxed:

3 Likes

Okay I see where you are coming from, but these are people that want to reserve my services and want to pay above what I normally ask to get a baby done by me, painted however I want. They aren’t reserving a custom spot, I don’t do customs and never will.
It’s just frustrating that BB changes the dates so many times, but doesn’t seem to think twice about what it is going to cost artists. I know they can’t control when the dates change sometimes, but they were able to keep some of the babies at the same release time they were before, and they pushed others. Why couldn’t they have pushed those other kits and kept Owen released in late January? That’s all I’m wondering. I just needed to scream.

Yeah. It is frustrating, but I think it has to do with production delays and not BB itself.

2 Likes

Business isn’t always simple. Since selling the kits is how they stay in business, I’m sure they’re doing the best they can to get the kits released on time. With their excellent customer service, I seriously doubt they are willy-nilly about these dates. At least they have the info posted about the release dates; they could opt to keep quiet about the expected dates which would probably be even more frustrating for the artists.

2 Likes

Where does it say the release date for the new kits? I don’t see it anywhere.

Search Out Of Stock in the search bubble in the top right corner

@honojane @AmyR777 Thank you for your responses. I do agree that it is probably production, but Realborn Owen is from a printer, and I’m just curious as to why they pushed his release date instead of the other kits. The other kits are the ones being made in a factory, right? So if it’s production that is slowing them down, why did they push Owen’s date? I also agree that I am super thankful that they have the information available, so we know when to stalk the website.

1 Like

That’s instead of creating an original sculpt. The kits are still produced the same as all the others.

3 Likes

Ohh, I thought they made him at BB with their 3D printers? … nevermind

2 Likes

We’ve had 3 new topics in the past two days with similar titles lol!

And nope the 3D printers replace the sculpting stage, then the 3D printed baby is sent off to the factory to be made the same as all the other kits. I’ve said this many times before, but there are so many kits being produced right now all the factories are being backed up. Pretty much all kits these days are being pushed back at least a little. I’m sure it isn’t in BB’s control.

3 Likes

Agreed! Even if it isn’t a custom there are so many factors that are out of anybody’s control that can go wrong. I would be afraid to accept reserves until I had the kit in hand. :grin:

4 Likes