I got a Knitting loom set

I’ve been making little loom knit kittens to go home with all my dolls, since my nursery is named after one of my old cats.

3 Likes

No me neither, but this hat is adorable enough to reinspire us! :grin:

2 Likes

Such a cute hat. I am getting ready to make a few pair of booties. And if I can find shorts for a baby I will be doing that too. If not I will freehand crochet the shorts.

3 Likes

Broke the loom out again and made Skya a hat. Anyone else been working on anything?

8 Likes

I’ve been thinking about it, but haven’t :joy::joy: I’m in the middle of another HUGE project that has all my attention right now, but I might just get it out later to make something.

1 Like

I have been trying to figure out if it would work for the outside of joey pouches… faster than I crochet… but not sure if the stitch is tight enough. Would definitely need a liner… and not sure if I have the right yarn here…

1 Like

I was just thinking the same yesterday! Great minds think alike. :wink: My stitches are pretty tight if I double up the yarn. If I dont, they are super loose. I thought about trying it out but I was googling to see if there was more info out there. I’ve never made anything except hats, booties and diaper covers.

1 Like

This particular article says some rescuers don’t want yarn pouches because the joeys tend to chew on them. Other articles I’ve read don’t mention that though. So I don’t know how true this one is. :woman_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

Does anyone know who many rows to make a “nest” for a 10" micro preemie?

Some do but use liners inside

2 Likes

Kate, could you make a hat like this in adult size?

1 Like

I’ve loomed some white booties for Levi.

1 Like

I haven’t been looming lately but I just taught someone else how to do it. She makes hats for homeless people.

3 Likes

I’ve never made an adult hat but I do have the right size loom to do it. Just gotta dig it put of the closet. :blush:

With covid-19 causing many people to limit public exposure I was thinking of getting my loom out and knitting a bit more. Does anybody have anything they’ve made recently that they’d like to show off to the rest of us?

3 Likes

Ooh!!! Good idea!!!