How do I prep the mohair for rooting? Help Please

I start with the front, too. I guess I like to see the bangs and get a feel for how it’s going to look when completed. I do the sides next and leave the back and swirl for last.

2 Likes

I start at the sideburn area of the head and go up toward the forehead - move the sides toward the back of the head and I don’t do the “mop” and center of the head until I have rooted the sides up to that point. Starting with the “bangs” and crown wouldn’t work for me at all.

2 Likes

I start at the side also Pia. Work my way around the head to the other side and do the top of the head last.

I start from the back; the nape of the neck is the least important area; it is not really seen and if anything goes wrong, like should the mohair stain, it would not be a total disaster. Also it does not get messed up when you work on the rest of the head, because the shape of the head it does not rub on the cushion as much as other parts would. So I root the back to above ear level, and then keep going up and around, then I do the top from the front, and finish the swirl last.

2 Likes