How can I create this lip color?

These are my daughters lips. I haven’t been able to create a lip color like this. Anyone have any tips or colors I should use when mixing?

3 Likes

This will be hard because her lips are actually multiple colors. I would do a magenta kind of color, mute it with a touch of black, then lighten with a flesh tone. For the outside of her lips I would use the same color mixture with a touch of burnt umber. I probably would try to do the creases in this color as well.

5 Likes

Lips are never one colour. I use at least 5 colours on lips and not all of them on the whole lips either. It helps them to look more real.

2 Likes

Thanks. I think I’ll print out some pictures and start experimenting with colors. I’d be completely lost picking which colors to mix so thanks! :blush:

1 Like

I definitely see some blacks and purples on the top lip. I was surprised awhile back to learn people use black in their lip color! But it works

2 Likes

Yep I never would have guessed!

I think I see a tiny bit of ultramarine blue in the upper lip. Unless maybe she ate a popsicle before the photo was taken.

2 Likes

They are beautiful :blush:

1 Like