Honest Diapers warning

I’m not sure how many of you know this, but I thought I’d mention it. I had honest diapers on two of my babies. The diapers were on the babies for a couple of weeks but not in any heat or humidity. I went to change them yesterday and noticed there was a sticky (adhesive?) substance around the leg openings. I managed to get the stickiness off but it’s still very shiny all where it was. I’m very disappointed because I love the cute prints but I’ll never risk it again

7 Likes

I have this happen with other brands too.

1 Like

I’ve only used pampers and buggies and haven’t had it happen but I’m almost convinced to buy some plain cloth diapers. I can’t stand the though of my dolls getting damaged

4 Likes

I wonder if it is reacting to the type of varnish used.

1 Like

I have had it happen with the honest diapers too and I won’t use them anymore either.

2 Likes

One of my babies that it affected is GHSP matte varnish and the other is some sort of air dry varnish

3 Likes

I’ve heard from other people that it happens more often with Honest diapers.
I just use cloth diapers for my dolls.

2 Likes

Yes! That is why I stopped using them. Such a bummer!

1 Like

Cute! That’s a great idea! What kind do you buy?

1 Like

I ordered several of these on AliExpress. They can be made bigger and smaller with the snaps, so they’re great if you make different sizes of reborns. They’re available in solid colors and with patterns.

6 Likes

I’ve heard of this before.

1 Like

What is Ali express? I guess I shoujd go look! :joy:

1 Like

It’s a Chinese based website. They sell lots of items, I assume you can find similar ones on Amazon.

2 Likes

Thank you!!!

1 Like

Thanks for the warning !
Won’t use them anymore.

1 Like

Thank you for the info! I haven’t used diapers on my reborn because I’ve heard about this issue, but the clothes don’t fit the same without one.

Do you know if they come in preemie sizes?

Noooo, don’t go there. You’ll get sucked in and do bad things.

2 Likes

That’s why I stopped using disposables. :frowning:
I now use cloth diapers on all my babies and the ones I send home.
I joined alot of FB cloth diaper groups (they have such cute prints and awesome deals)
Amazon has alot of cloth options for $10 or less.
Alva baby is another site that has really cheap cloth diapers with cute prints.
I have around 12-15 cloth diapers just for my keeper baby :joy::joy:

1 Like

The smallest doll I could fit them on was about 18", the biggest one was a child sized reborn. It looks way too bulky on reborns smaller than 18". They don’t come in other sizes, you’d have to look elsewhere.

1 Like