Hello everyone I'm new here!

Hi! I recently stumbled into reborns on eBay which then led me into a 4 hour long search trying to gather what in the world I found and why I had not found them sooner being a doll lover. I’m on a mission to make them because I love painting and I think having pretty much 3D art piece that I can dress up is kinda cool. I’ve been going around looking for all the right supplies which led me here… If you have any tips I’d love to hear them!

11 Likes

Welcome to the reborn world I learned about reborns as an adult. I’ve been painting for like
3 1/2-4 years now

If u have any questions were all here and willing to help each other out.

Do u plan on using heat set or air dry paints

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum and addictive Reborn World!
You can find all sort of tips about supply and more by using Search in the top right corner. But first you need to decide what paint will you use: Genesis Heat Set Paint (GHSP) which needs oven to be baked or air dry paint.

2 Likes

Welcome…it’s so much fun :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think you have found your home! This is an amazing community full of generous talented artists who love sharing the passion we have for the art of reborning. Bountiful Baby has THE BEST kits you’ll find anywhere at the most affordable prices. Even when they aren’t on sale :slight_smile: WElcome!

Looking forward to seeing your first baby :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh my gosh thank you all for such a warm welcoming! As far as what paints I’m going to be using…I believe I will try both out and just see which I feel more comfortable with and go from there.

2 Likes

You will be hooked in no time! Lol

2 Likes

…and if you would decide to adopt reborn baby, ask questions first what to look for.
Looking forward to see your creations!

3 Likes

Welcome the the addiction, I mean The Forum, lol!

2 Likes

Haha either or!:wink::joy: I’m loving it so far my husband has even jumped on board with these dolls. He’s wanting a collection of horror movie based dolls. I told him if I could use the spare bedroom as an workspace I would make the dolls for him. Win win for sure!!

5 Likes

I’m new too, and already have 8 kits and a closet full of clothes and accessories!

4 Likes

Oh my goodness. You really have a win win situation with Hubby on board. I can’t wait to see your Horror Dolls. I paint Alternatives 90% of the time. My favorite so far is my Beetlejuice. Have Fun!

7 Likes

I’ve only bought one kit so far because… I can’t make up my mind yet I just want to buy them all! Lol but I’ve kept all of my kids newborn clothes and few accessories so I will have fun with that!:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Cute!! It’ll be awhile he wants Brahms and I’ve found a kit that I swear looks identical to the doll in the movie and that kit is 44" but I made a deal with him so I will definitely keep my end of the bargain. The kit is Gabriella by Reva Schick.

3 Likes

That is a cute kit!

Me too! My budget keeps me from buying more or the expensive ones. Everyone here is so nice, if you tell them you’re new they often have practice limbs and such that they will send you pretty cheap. I have been doing a ton of research. Be sure to follow the WIP thread, it’s like peeking into their workshops!

2 Likes

Good evening and welcome, I’m a longtime collector but only recently attempted to start painting (I’m not very good! *At all!!! but it’s fun)
My only recommendation is to start out with sale kits, even if it’s not your favorite- because you can practice and not feel too much like pressure because you know the kit wasn’t expensive-
(That’s coming from someone who isn’t skilled in art or painting— maybe you will be great right from the start, but it’s just the only advice I have direct experience with! Lololololol)

1 Like

I love the WIP thread too. I creep on it all the time :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome…now prepare to spend way too much money and have a lot of fun.

Start here at BB with a super inexpensive sculpt, those first babies won’t be pretty but they will be precious. I started with the starter kit for paints and just kinda shopped here and around for the other stuff. Start off slow with just the basics.

I made some youtube videos for beginners, there are a ton out there Custom Doll Baby has the most complete and informational in my opinion. I actually learned a lot when I started out watching her videos.

My only advice would be to play and have fun, don’t think business, or selling, or any of that at first just work at making your best baby. I think a lot of people stress out and think they need to make a sellable baby right away.

I think the best babies are made by people who just love painting.

(this isn’t fast money, its a grind if you want it to be a business).

2 Likes