Harder than I thought - ethnic baby

What!! They were great for your first time!!! I hope my critique didn’t encourage you to strip them. Wash them well before you start to repaint so the paint sticks. This time they will be even better though

1 Like

@danidolly and @taylorsgirl

Yes, first time. No DaniDolly, nothing you said made me decide to strip them. Your critique was full of kind words and inspirational. It was that layer of purple mottle. In low lighting, it was noticeable…very noticeable. It just wouldn’t sit well with me. And besides, I can be a little obsessed with my work.

I did scrub them well in soapy Dawn water, rubbed them down with rubbing alcohol and hung them upside down to dry overnight.

1 Like

I’m satisfied :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:. Didn’t get to blushing and details yet.

@danidolly

11 Likes

OK, their coloring is excellent. You are doing awesome!

1 Like

They looked good before, but they are looking really good now!! Great job!

1 Like

Yay!! Much better!!

1 Like

8 Likes

@danidolly, that was a perfect suggestion. I love it!!

5 Likes

Just wanted to say your Joseph’s are gorgeous! What hair did you use? It looks amazing on them

1 Like

I used Dark Auburn alpaca hair. And thank you!

Reborn Elegance on Facebook has some great videos for technique. She has a pricey tutorial. It has a lot of detail, but I’d suggest getting Kate Charles’s tutorial (it’s way less money, and pretty much the same.) I watched some of Krystal’s videos, and I never would have thought to use a mop brush to blend the colors. Watch her videos, they’re not the best lighting, but for the techniques in blending.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/RebornElegancebyKristal/videos/?page=1&ref=page_internal

1 Like

I did purchase a Kate Charles Tutorial and I like it. I also feel like I did very well using the tutorial :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Ladies, what’s the best way to “powder fresh” the baby?

1 Like

@Keneen I put 1/4 to 1/2 of a Wonder Wafer in the diaper or rub the Johnsons cologne on hands first then baby’s body. Some people don’t like it though so you have to be careful unless it is for yourself.

1 Like

Ok, wonder wafers. I can understand that…I’m sensitive to fragrances also. Thanks.

1 Like

@Gabriell makes a spray scent also

1 Like

@Keneen where did you find the Kate Charles tutorial?
Love your coloring! Beautiful job!

1 Like

I sent her an email after looking at her videos on YouTube. cutiepieproductions1@gmail.com

1 Like

Thank you!