Halloween 2019 Thoughts

I know we have 2 Paint Parties going on and now a Traveling Pants box going around. A few people have mentioned a Halloween Swap or Challenge.

Is anyone interested in Hosting a Halloween Challenge? I am willing to Co-Host.

My thoughts if anyone is interested:

Complete Alternative Challenge. {Same Doll Challenge?}
Any unpainted Baby Toddler Child Doll
Costumes welcome but everyone will be judged the same.
3 months to paint and complete.
Start Date - July 1st Ending Date - Sept 25
Voting 27, 28, 29, Winners Posted October 1 which gives you time to sell your Halloween Babies.
3 pics due by Ending Date, 1 Safety Pic of Baby you are going to paint. 1 Full Body. 1 Close up of Face.
No prizes (unless the Host says so) but there will be a 1st place certificate award and bragging rights, lol.

None of this is written in stone just gathering thoughts!

5 Likes

I’d probably make a terrible host, but I’d love to participate! I already had some ideas for Halloween alternatives.

1 Like

I don’t make alternatives but it sounds like fun. I can dress a doll in a fall outfit when they come out lol :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I might be interested in doing a challenge but probably not a swap. Im not much of a collector. The swaps i did in the past, my daughter always recieved the doll but she has since turned into a teenager and packed them all away. :sob:

2 Likes

I would definitely participate!

2 Likes

I would love to do a swap but I know it’s a lot of work.

1 Like

The challenge would be fun if I had time. I’d like to be able to pick any sculpt so I can use one I have on hand and not have to buy

1 Like

So it looks like a Challenge, with any sculpt. Anyone want to host? I will be here to (co host) help. Doesn’t matter if you are new to reborning or have been doing it for quite some time. We will keep it simple. Just submit your pics anytime before September 25th. Maybe one WIP on Sept 1st.

I don’t want to host because this time I would like to participate.

2 Likes

I would like to participate in painting since I have no idea what is required for a hosting.
However my baby might not be completed at the due date as I have full time work and summer vacations every month. But I’ll try… Sounds like fun!
May I suggest to keep WIP out as it was total surprise for Easter challenge and it was fun to guess which baby belongs to which artist.

1 Like

I think the WIP’s get submitted to the host

2 Likes

@YelenaRey The Host sets the rules, dates etc,. collects pics and posts them for voting then posts the winners. All pics go to the host and no one else sees them. Everyone else only sees them when it is time to vote.

@EnchantedOrphanage There is no terrible Host. We all learn together, lol. The hardest part is posting the voting, though I have done it I would have to relearn it as I just happened to do it right with the help of a prior Host @Babies I had to do quite a few test pages.

2 Likes

@LisaLynn @AnnieSokay Thank you for clarifications, ladies! You can tell - still a newbie :blush:

2 Likes

Any one willing to Host?

If not I will do a Parade if that is acceptable. The Parade will be a submission of Pics to me and I will Post them on October 1st. That is to keep the Parade clean without everyone commenting and loosing focus on the babies. No prizes just a Parade of Halloween Babies. The only rule is to submit a safety pic of the baby you are going to paint by September 1st 2019 also 2 pics 1. full body 2. close up of face by September 27th. I will submit my safety pic to the first participant. As many babies as you want. Any size or sculpt Walmart baby Thrift Store etc… this is just a Parade. Alternative, Costumes, Floats etc., lets just be creative and have fun! If you all agree I will start a new post of Rules.

Let me know what you think!

4 Likes

That sounds like a lot of fun! I’ll try my best to join in, but can’t guarantee anything.

1 Like

If I get 10 people that want to join then I’ll do it. Other than that this will be null and void, lol! :dizzy_face::pleading_face::cry:

1 Like

That sounds like a lovely idea! I’d probably join!

1 Like

Im making an alternative baby around then to take to the US for my niece so I will participate. I am leaving for my vacation to the US on October 16th.

2 Likes

Yes! That sounds like fun!

1 Like

That is almost 10!
We have 5 for sure - @EnchantedOrphanage @RebornsbyZebra @LisaLynn @Anne @Kate

Would you like to do the parade - @Vanniek @PaperCityDolls @YelenaRey

Maybe - @MilosMeadows @babymaw

3 Likes

Depends on the due date I found out I’m having knee replacement surgery in Aug.

2 Likes