GHSP being discontinued?!

Just putting this here for informational purposes. I know nothing about this. Just came across it on FB.

10 Likes

Wow, that is sad. So disappointing that people keep supporting what is wrong.

4 Likes

Lost for words :woman_facepalming:t4:

2 Likes

It seems ironic that they are selling paints for the reborn community and they are helping wreck it at the same time by supporting fakes.

4 Likes

I might be really behind the times here, but I just now saw that MacPhersons has a line of FantasyFX heat set paints in many colors. Looks like they are geared toward alternative/fantasy kits but some of the colors maybe could work for regular babies. Or are these just Genesis mixed in fantasy colors?

Also, came across this heat set paint. I wonder if it would work on vinyl. Anyone heard of it?

2 Likes

My computer blew up over the summer, but when I first heard of Kebelka I went looking for a paint made in Europe that was heat set as I suspected this was repackaged paints that were made by some company. I found what I thought was probably the company in Spain, but I can no longer access my old computer where I saved the info. Maybe if Bobbi or someone can find that they can just by-pass this person and carry the paint. This person may be mixing up colors more suitable to what we want for our dolls, but Bobbi can do that.

2 Likes

There are several heat set fabric paint/dies (which is what this is) on the market in the U.S. I used to have a bunch of it, but got rid of it awhile back. If I still had it I would play around with it. However, my hunch is that the vinyl will start absorbing before you try to heat it and it will not wipe off like Genesis.

1 Like

Good to know. Thanks!

1 Like

I wish that was not the case :frowning:

1 Like

I am disappointed to say the least. As I said on the other thread, I have spent $40 a jar ($20 jar price + $20 shipping from Spain) X 3 mediums to get this stuff. I am not tossing it out. I had no idea when I bought it and I like it so I am using up what I got. Then I will go from there. I also have a jar of the new Genesis Matte varnish, Satin varnish, Thinning medium and Glaze Medium. Hopefully I will have enough products to get me by until someone comes along with a new alternative. There are many heat set fabric dyes, inks, ceramic paints etc. on the market so I am sure it is just a matter of time before someone figures something out. Also if Keka Roger could figure out how to make Kebelka someone else eventually will too. She does not have a patent on it I read that on her page, because some of the ingredients she used in it are already patented.

3 Likes

Anyone heard of or used Irresistibles.com paints? They say they have their own line. Go-to irresistibles.com paint supplies heat set paints. They’re kind of expensive though. Anyone heard of them let me know!! Thanks ladies :wink::wink:

I have seen them and LaDonna Briggs is a big promoter for them these days. Her babies look good. Not enough time has gone by to know if they will fade or not.

4 Likes