GHSP being discontinued?!

I was just coming here to share this same pic. Yay for Bobbi! :grin:

7 Likes

Excited! My ONLY hope is that the line gets expanded GHSP had 86 colors. I was told this one has 11 and 3 mediums. I’m positive it will as more begin to use them. :crossed_fingers: This is start so no complaints! Something is better than nothing!!

7 Likes

This is good news!:grin:

1 Like

I am positive that there will be a product to replace Genesis. Their paint is not oil paint, but closer to acrylic paint according to their description.
“(Acrylic paint is a fast-drying paint made of pigment suspended in an air dry acrylic polymer emulsion. Genesis paint on the other hand is made of pigment suspended in a Heat-Set polymer emulsion.)”
This too:
“Acrylic paint can be used for underpainting and Genesis paint can be painted over the acrylic for final detail. Acrylic paint once dry can be heated like Genesis without a problem.”
This is good if you need to conserve your remaining Genesis paint!

4 Likes

Thanks for posting this! I didn’t realize. Many were saying they were compatible which lead me to believe they could be mixed together.

1 Like

Yes, many people think that they are oil paints, but they are not.
They can be used over acrylic paint, which will help if people are running low, but don’t want to completely switch to air dry.

1 Like

This is what is posted by Genesis:

Regular Oil paint cannot be heated because of the linseed or other oil bases used in it’s manufacture. For this reason don’t mix Genesis with regular oil paint. If you do you will not be able to set your painting - ever!

1 Like

So these paints can be painted over Genesis or the other way around?

Makes me wonder many use linseed in their Genesis.

2 Likes

I was going to try heat set paints I just got to save for oven when I can

should I still continue to save or continue with air dry

I ordered some heat set paints on bountiful baby when some were on sale

I would save them for a bit until there’s for sure an alternative.

From what I’m understanding she is just talking about acrylic air dry paints and Genesis. I was wondering if Genesis and Kabelka could be mixed together to create different colours

3 Likes

You can’t mix Genesis with oil paint.

You CAN use Genesis over acrylic paint.

You should never try and dry regular oil paint in an oven.

Every time I used linseed in my Genesis, I had problems with the paint not setting in spots and coming off in those spots. I stopped using it about 8 years ago.

3 Likes

I was just wondering if these to can be combined like mixed together to create a new color?

I know they say you can use their mediums in with Genesis paints but not mixed with Genesis mediums. So not sure about mixing the 2 paints.

2 Likes

I was just about post this from Macphersons. I guess we’ll have to wait and see once the paints are here.

Paints can be mixed into the mediums so perhaps they can be combined.

5 Likes

Well, that will be the ending of my hobby.

I’m a bit confused. Are you Referring to the kebelka? Is it a heat set oil paint like genesis, or something completely different?

Yes, Kebelka is a heat set paint. I have been using the mediums and really like those. I have not had a chance to try the paints.

2 Likes