Getting organised

Couple of weeks ago we had some people over, and my daughter suggested that it might be a good idea if for that occassion there are no baby limbs, heads, mohair everywhere and various other items spread from one side of my house to the other. So I tidied up. Now i cannot find anything; I have finished rooting the last baby from my “painted, to be rooted” box and I meant to go back to painting, but I cannot think where I put my new set of brushes, and where did I stick the bottle of thinners…

I decided I need more storage/shelving in my studio, so I can have everything right there where I can easily see it, and while I am at it I might as well replace the reasonable size chest of draws for my baby clothing with the bigest one I can get. I went to few shops around but could not see anything suitable, and so started looking on eBay. The trouble is that there is so much that i like but not need and cannot fit here, never mind this little thing will have to fit somehow, I am just about to go to collect it

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/271470364525?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I love the cabinet! I need to get organized someday but I love little pieces of furniture like that. Just no room in the house till I get rid of another kid and the neighbor boy that too over my doll/sister’s storage stuff room. I love the cabinet!

ooohh, nice! That will be perfect! While I have a good size space for everything in our upstairs, I’d love to have a room devoted to all things baby!

It’s nearly a week since I started to get organised, so why or why everything is even worse mess than normally!
OK on top of the normal chaos, i now have the old chest of draws sitting on my front veranda waiting to be removed, and old useless caupboard blocking my hallway. In my car I have 44kg of shelving, neatly packed in 2 packages, which somehow need to get transported inside, and then put together.
After contact with several rude people on eBay, I gave up on picking up bargain secondhand. All i asked if there will be somebody available to help me load it; one person said “yes, if you pay another $50”! Another said they want me to pay with PP, and I can then collect it from their porch - really? It weighs 44kg and is too big to fit anywhere without taking apart. So i just went to IKEA shop, and for extra $50 got brand new one, now I just have to put it together.
i also got much bigger and higher dresser for all the baby clothes, but again awful people; advertised the thing as a baltic pine, but it is just a cheap pine with MDF, so I paid far too much for it; never mind, it serves its purpose. Also had to pay by PP before collecting; I can see why they were afraid I might just walk away if I see it and realise it is not as advertised.

I am storing a couple of dressers for my sister plus other stuff of course. But decided to use her big dresser while it was here to store my baby clothes. If she ever get it back, I’ll have to replace it rapidly since my stash of clothes is now too big to fit in the little dresser. Plus Jonathan, the neighbor boy, is now storing some clothes in the bottom of the little one…I think I have a new son since he calls me mom and hasn’t spent the night at his house in about 2 months! What can I say? I seem to be a kid and pet magnet!

Hope you get your new furniture together and organized before too long. I’ve never had to pay for something from an individual before seeing it and then paying cash for it. You are a lot braver than I am. I rarely buy off craigslist and haven’t from the newspaper but all of them wanted cash. Sorry you got taken but glad you got something for your clothes…makes me feel less guilty for needing a dresser for all of mine! A friend thinks I’m crazy for having all those “doll” clothes!

I had a very productive day. First the 2 ‘missing’ parcels arrived. One of them must have been 2x around the world (posted 6 weeks ago), the other was posted 3 weeks after I bought it. Never mind, as long as it is here. Then I not only put together my new IKEA shelves without a hitch, i also managed to stand them up, whole 44 kg of them, without having to go to charm my neigbor’s husbands. As soon as I now catch my breath, I will be able to start putting stuff away. )))))))))

That is very nice! I use a collection of these http://mobile.walmart.com/#ip/Sterilite … department. I have one for all of my painting supplies, one with rooting stuff, one for assembly, and another for tools and various other items. I love them because I can wheel them wherever and only need to bring one out at a time since I don’t have a dedicated work space. They work very well!

— Begin quote from “kathywh911959”

— Begin quote from “crystal_mae”

That is very nice! I use a collection of these http://mobile.walmart.com/#ip/Sterilite … department. I have one for all of my painting supplies, one with rooting stuff, one for assembly, and another for tools and various other items. I love them because I can wheel them wherever and only need to bring one out at a time since I don’t have a dedicated work space. They work very well!

— End quote

That’s exactly what I use!!!

— End quote

Great minds think alike!

I am afraid I am long way past the wheely shelves stage Now i have somewhat crowded room, and the new addition is the black & red shelving, which is 1.6m wide and 2.2m high, and even that is not enough. There are other cupboards on the other wall, and whole section of cupboards in my kitchen, and couple of shelves in my pantry.