Genesis Paint Not Curing

I’m just curious is it rubbing off everywhere on the leg or just the bottom of the foot?

1 Like

I checked some of my big unopened jars that I thought would be safe and there are two so far that do not cure. They are both the gel like consistency.

5 Likes

What colours are they?

Genesis red and crimson 01.

5 Likes

Ohh no​:sob::broken_heart:, I’m still waiting for my paintings to arrive, I hope they’re not bad :pray::pray::crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2:

1 Like

May I ask where you bought your paintings from?

I hope yours are good. I will have to look for where I bought them. It was not recently, so maybe you will be OK.

1 Like

If they’re not recent, it means the painting had problems since before the pandemic, so there’s probably no certainness that mine are good :sob::broken_heart:

1 Like

Definitely test it before you start to paint a kit. Mine looked kind of oily and it separates. After stirring it is kind of gel like.

3 Likes

I’ll definitely try them before I use them, I’m praying they’re good, when I have them here I’ll try them out and let you know how it went.

2 Likes

I only messed with the foot. Got mad and walked away…

1 Like

Oh my what a mess. The Genesis Red container tipped over when I put my paints away last night and even though the lid was on so tight that I had trouble getting it off- the paint seeped out and ran down onto other jars. There is just no way that this is the same formula.

5 Likes

I thought the same. My other paints are not like that

2 Likes

Okay ladies, I got the paintings today, they look like gel texture, I attach some pictures of the paintings, now I have to try them and see if they’re good :crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2:

2 Likes

Oh wow! :frowning:
Good luck, make sure to check it extra well. I would assume most wont cure… my paints look solid compared to those.

1 Like

I’m a little scared, I’m begging them to really cure :weary::pray::pray:, If they don’t really don’t know what to do, will I try them later, I have to dilute them to try them or should I try them straight out of the jar?

1 Like

Fingers crossed for you

1 Like

Oh I hope yours will cure. I checked and I bought mine from BB in late 2019, so before pandemic.

1 Like

If it was me I would do 3 test on each color…
just the paint,
paint with thinning medium,
paint with thinner

I would bake the normal time and temp (with thermometer inside)
Then scrub it with a dry q - tip then a wet q-tip
Use a clean q tip with each color…

2 Likes

They do look a little gel like. Mine didn’t hold shape and levelled to a flat surface, hers at least seem to be holding shape

4 Likes