Genesis Paint Not Curing

Better that than trying to convince people there’s nothing wrong with it.

10 Likes

Yes that’s the positive side

3 Likes

It might force me to learn air dry real quick

8 Likes

Make sure you test them when you get them

3 Likes

I don’t have test parts, so I don’t know how to try them, can I try them in any medium?

1 Like

Do you have something to strip with? Maybe you could just try them on the back of the head and then strip after? You don’t need to make a very big test area. Not sure what else you could use for testing

2 Likes

You can use flanges for testing and then strip them. Or not.

5 Likes

At the moment I have nothing to take out the paint with, I would have to buy it online in USA and bring it to my country, I will try to see in which other way I can do the test

1 Like

If you use the underside of the flanges for testing you wouldn’t have to strip them because they won’t show.

6 Likes

That’s a great idea.

3 Likes

Stephanie said:

7 Likes

Putting this out there for anyone who uses this color. This just happened this evening. The resurrection of the paint not curing/factory issues made me extra aware. I took Jesse out of the NuWave, went to do some chores then came back to do some washes on her. I notice a dot on the ball of her foot that the 1st layer of blushing I laid down was gone. Rubbed it with my thumb and VOILA, NO PAINT ADHERENCE!!! This is the only color in this particular mix I used. And it’s not my Nuwave, it is newer and I use a thermometer…

4 Likes

Oh no! May I ask where you bought the painting from?

1 Like

It would make sense that they were using an alternative material or less of an ingredient to try to get by as a last resort before shutting down though.

4 Likes

I use Q Crimson all the time… no problems, but mine is probably 10 years old. I have started priming all my kits with Matt thinned with Gamsol and a flesh tone added to it as a precaution.

3 Likes

I wish there weren’t a shortage on matte varnish

3 Likes

All my paints came from Jerry’s artarama and MacPhersons 2 years ago…

1 Like

If it’s two years old, then maybe they’ve been failing since before :weary::broken_heart:

1 Like

Oh goodness. That would be frustrating. Am I understanding correctly that you have been using this paint for two years and never had this happen? I have some of this color purchased pre-pandemic that I just opened up last night and what I notice is that it has that gel-like consistency that Aly pointed out. It is not solid like my other colors and I don’t remember my previous little jar having this characteristic. I have not tested it yet. I wonder if there was something going on even before the pandemic because I bought this around the same time I bought the matte varnish that was shiny. I think there is a thread on here somewhere about it and I know several of us had matte varnish that was coming out with more shine than satin.

4 Likes

I definitely think there were some issues even pre pandemic…

6 Likes