Friendly scammer alert

This lady just did this to me with my Charlotte that I was selling. She paid a deposit and then the next day straight disputed it. Now she is messaging me about a custom, that won’t be happening. I am so glad I saw this, I had a feeling something was up so I had my guard up.

1 Like

I knew I had seen the photo in scam groups on FB, so after reading this post went to search and sure enough there are tons of posts about this girl in multiple scam groups…same story…nice, pays then files claims or charge backs!
I don’t see why PayPal doesn’t shut them down! Like I get there may be a problem with a transaction, but when it’s obvious it’s 9/10 of every purchase (so it looks like due to amount of people she tried to scam) they should block her from PayPal!

2 Likes

Yes- it seems like the best thing to do is block her!

1 Like

Oh my! Seems like this is only the tip of the iceberg!

Oh yea! I’m only in like 4 scam groups on FB but they each had at least one mention of her, and the comments had other scam groups linked (waiting to be approved) where more came forward on her

She knows that she is recognizable as a scammer. She went by the name of Lauren to cover it up. Then when she went to put her payment down she wanted my email so she could send the money. When I told her I create a detailed invoice so I needed her email, she hesitated for an hour before sending it.

2 Likes

Some people just :scream:

That’s how I don’t understand how these scammers get new victims :frowning:
I understand its up to buyers to research before purchasing but, ugh.
Just in my short time in scam groups, you’ll see the same few scammers get person after person even after warning posts go up.
Admins also should remove known scammers from groups , some do and some don’t care even after being messaged with the proof they have scammers

1 Like

The fact that she goes by a different name and you can’t see her name until she sends money is how she gets by with it.
I don’t belong to any scam groups. I actually couldn’t find any when I searched on Facebook. Even if I had, I wouldn’t have known until after I got the $250.
But my red flag did go off and I should have trusted it. I will no longer take ANY payment plans of any kind. This was my policy and I should have kept it.

5 Likes

Here are the names of the ones I belong to. There may be more
Reborn scammers U.S and Canada/trusted artists
Reborn doll scammers
Reborn scammers 2018
Reborn scammers and trolls
Reborn scammers and time wasters prevention

1 Like

Thank you!!!

Your welcome! My favorite are the first and last on that list.
The first group the admins do very well to make sure proof is shown and both sides get told so no one can do a he said she said and the last is good as well, the admins do great at monitoring

This is her. You are right she is very young looking. She is very well spoken- I don’t think she means harm. She just may not be thinking it through. She could also be on the spectrum and maybe not understand the emotional repercussions. She said she had vet bills, etc. I told her several times to please take care of herself before worrying about buying my doll. I do feel bad because I think she may have some mental disability but also don’t want to see others hurt.

2 Likes

I think that’s a great idea.

1 Like

Yep, good idea

1 Like

OK, I’ll start the list with just names, no stories, as it will hard to fetch the names when so many comments involved. I’ll also look ar Reborns. com forum for scammers name.

4 Likes