Friendly scammer alert

Hi all. I hate to have to air dirty laundry, but I want you all to be aware, especially if you use Instagram of a buyer in Canada. She goes by the account name of Laurenslovedreborns, but has several other accounts. Her real name is Patricia Woods. Do not sell to her.

Her MO is to be extremely friendly and ask for a short payment plan. I allowed it on my Dominic. I collected $250 dollars from her and quickly refunded after getting an alert from another artist- Little Dearies (Teresa Jimenez). She had taken a payment in the same way and they are now involved in a PayPal battle. PayPal rules in the artist’s favor but she is trying to dispute it. You can read more about it on her Instagram.

There are more artists coming out of the woodwork that have taken payments and been asked to return them, and also that have sold her dolls for which she has filed chargebacks, etc. She is extremely friendly and will gush over your dolls and this is her way in.

Be warned! Have a great day.

(My little Dominic has a new home in Wisconsin and will be on his way tomorrow :slightly_smiling_face:)

28 Likes

Thanks! I always appreciate a heads up!! Also your Dominic is soo beautiful. Congrats on the quick sale!

1 Like

Thank you and I am happy to hear that it’s a happy ending for you and Dominic!

Thank you for the info. I don’t know why PP doesn’t close down the accounts of the chronic charge-back scammers.

2 Likes

Thank you. He’s going to a photographer, so I am hoping for pictures! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

You are welcome. I debated listing her name, but it seems to be a very large web of scams she has woven.

3 Likes

You’re welcome. I know! I was glad to hear paypal sided with the artist but who knows what will happen next.

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing! Your Dominic is gorgeous!

1 Like

She’s been know for a while now, I think. I heard about her name early last year. I actually bought a Ramsey kit from her. Got it no problem. Dodged a bullet, I guess :slight_smile:

1 Like

The name rang a bell, but she was using a different name. I wasn’t able to see her name until I had already taken her money. I bet she really tries to hassle other Canadians!

1 Like

I’m going though the same thing with another lady in Canada :sob: has filed chargebacks even though ive refunded

1 Like

Oh my! I’m so sorry. Could you share what province? This one is in AB. This way we can make sure it’s not the same lady under a different name. We don’t want Canadians to get a bad rap, Because there are already so many who don’t ship internationally. They have all been such a pleasure to work with (besides this one) in my experience. :slightly_smiling_face:

(Edited to further explain)

Bad apples in all nationalities. Sad to say.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up!

1 Like

Lol! Good point! I just meant I love our own Canadians on this forum :joy:. I know they have to deal with us US sellers not wanting to ship things to Canada so I didn’t want it to be a “down with Canada” post. :slight_smile:

1 Like

In my experience, Canadians are more friendly than Americans. They have the kind of friendly demeanor that the southern US often gets a reputation for. I know this isn’t a rule, but generally speaking :slight_smile: This scammer was maybe “too friendly.” But it was a cover!

After doing some digging, I see that she has been doing this for a while. I have no idea what the purpose of this scheme is. It is strange behavior. This was way back in February.

3 Likes

Yep, she’s the one I bought Ramsey kit from. She even delivered it to my sons house.

The Instagram post by little dearies is blowing up with stories. As far as i know, there was only one other good transaction and 7-8 bad ones so far!

1 Like

I know it was ask before, but no one acted on it - should we start a separate thread listing scammers names here on our forum or it’s beyond morale?

3 Likes