For all you new sculptors

Here’s a good laugh! My first OOAK baby (3-4 years ago? Maybe?) and @AmyR777’s Levi (my favorite OOAK baby I’ve made). You can see my first OOAK has been through the wringer! Poor thing lost his foot!

But the main point is, your sculpting will undoubtedly improve with time and practice lol! So keep at it!

27 Likes

Love it…lol I have to say though Izzy, you would have been very young when you did the first but your proportions were pretty good even then…definitely improved over the years though…(Lucky AMY too for being the new mom to little Levi!!!) :smile:

1 Like

Thanks, Starr! Haha I have come a ways since then. On my first I didn’t know how to blend clay or use armature. Some angles make it look like the baby has a dislodged hip lol!

1 Like

Wow. Even your first baby was a great start but the levi! Amazing

1 Like

Than you, Brandy!

Thanks Aya! Right now I want to focus on my minis. I’ve been talking to a lady who will pour, paint and sell my minis in silicone. So that’s probably gonna be my next project. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing, Izzy! That’s very sweet of you to do so! I’ve been trying to get back into the groove LOL. However, I can’t seem to find my sculpting tools…it seems they’ve disappeared. I’ll have to search around.

Anyways, job well done!

1 Like

Even your FIRST is better than anything I could ever hope to do, @izzy! You are very talented! :thumbsup:
@AmyR777 is very lucky to have that precious little one that you made. :heart:

4 Likes

That is amazing!!! Are you gonna make fairies ever? :0)

1 Like

Yayyyy, that is so exciting …keep us posted!! :smile:

1 Like

Thanks so much, ladies! @Miss_Kitty I might one day. I haven’t really thought about it lol! @Becca I hope you find your sculpting tools! In the meantime you can use a thumbtack, an exacto knife, a needle, even a chopstick lol…anything you can find around the house. That’s what I did at first. And Bonnie Brown sculpts her kits with just a pin! The possibilities are endless. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I want one!! I need a sibling for little Levi! :blush:

2 Likes