FaceApp

Yes, yes, we do! Lol

1 Like

And the bad thing… I saw this used a few days ago on reborns.com. Since I was somewhat familiar with the app, and the photos still had “FaceApp” in the corner I knew it altered what the reborn actually looked like.

These child-doll things are seriously creeping me out to the point that I’m almost afraid to look at my newsfeed! :joy: I worry that this app is going to lead to greater confusion and mistrust in the community even if it’s not used to intentionally mislead buyers. And it certainly is going to reinforce unreasonable expectations about what a true reborn is or can be that the scam sites use of real babies’ images and hyper realistic prototypes at bargain basement prices has already set :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

I would address that to that artist.

3 Likes

Hmm, I didn’t think of that, but I see your point.

1 Like

@Gabriell has posted multiple times that artists need to STATE it is a face app and not the actual look

5 Likes

I understand that and I agree but I still think it could be confusing to people who are brand new to the community; they have a hard enough time trying to navigate reality versus obvious scam and then sorting out the price points for varying levels of realism in painting. We’re all going to be getting requests for custom Saskias and given a face app screen shot for a reference picture. For 100 shipped with box opening :joy:

7 Likes

I see the potential for issues.

6 Likes

Will it work on a blank sculpt?

2 Likes

I haven’t tried it on anything yet. It really does give me the heebie jeebies. Lol

And those are the customers we politely turn away anyway. :wink::rofl:

True story :rofl:

1 Like

It does however due to the lack of paint it makes them look very pale and sick.

Lol

He’s still looking pretty creepy.

11 Likes

Sort of, it just ‘fills in the blanks’

4 Likes

Oh wow! That one turned out better than the one I tried lol. I tried with the blank of Emmy and it was so dang pale still.

This app could be very helpful for eyebrow placement.

5 Likes

I played with FaceApp a few years ago on my old phone, just the basics. It decided if I were a man, I’d be bald. And if my bf were a woman he/she’d be drop dead gorgeous.
When I tried the hollywood style on my face it completely changed my eyes.
I haven’t used the most recent version.

Just what I was thinking!

1 Like