Estella by Cassie Brace

I was wondering how they compare in size. Elyse looks huge. And they are both so cute. I can’t wait for my Estella kits to arrive. :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Elyse wears 3m pretty well. I’d say Estella is small newborn. I’d personally put her in carters preemie, but it may be tight on the limbs

@Katinafleming

2 Likes

I’m a massive Elyse fan too, I’ve always wanted to paint one, but I think Estella is as close as I’ll get :joy:

2 Likes

That’s me. I absolutely love Elyse. But I doubt I will ever find her at a price I can afford. So Estella is close enough. :heart:

3 Likes

Making me excited to get my kit! I ordered from
Irresistibles and haven’t gotten tracking yet so I’m not sure when I’ll get mine

2 Likes

Mine should arrive tomorrow from TruBorn.

1 Like

What are you, ladies, planning to to with the pump on her lower left eye lead?
Smooth it?
Cut it?
Leave as is?

And her limbs are so shiny even without baking.

I don’t see an objectionable “bump” on the eyelid, but WOW… those limbs are shiny. Might need scrub with CIF and possibly even thin layer of GHS Matt first?

3 Likes

@YelenaRey Mine doesn’t have a “bump” or any defect on eyelids. Do you have a picture?

Limbs are shinny but I always use primer (airdry) so I am not worried. Arms look more like 3/4 to me thought. I guess I will have a better idea when assembled.

2 Likes

LOL! I guess I am just more picky than others. I would assume all of them has that spot like that.

3 Likes

Yep… mine has that too!

2 Likes

@Helenabeereborns @Katinafleming I did pay a lot for her just to use her head but she is worth every penny to me since she is my Go to Therapy baby.

2 Likes

I ended up having 3 arrive today. Macpherson, Truborn, and Dolls by Sandie packages all showed up. :grin:

2 Likes

Jackpot!!!

1 Like

Well I didn’t order myself an Estella but I got one anyway thanks to @PhotographyForLife. I got an unexpected package from MacPherson today and it was an Estella kit from Kelly

10 Likes

I may be crazy, but I’m gonna wash the limbs with dawn, then paint as is. My Pascale had legs this shiny, but after painting and ghsp matte varnish you can’t tell a difference.

I did notice there isn’t a shoulder on the arms. Imo they’re too long to be put on a 3/4 body, but do hang oddly on the full limb body. I might try to doctor the body somehow

4 Likes

I’ll do the same. I’ve painted shiny kits before, no issues

1 Like

Then I have no explanation why when my limbs get shiny paint doesn’t stick. At that point I had to varnish them.

1 Like

Watch, now I’m jinxed :rofl::rofl::confused:

1 Like

LOL! Maybe it’s just your 15 years of experience vs. my 3 years of experience. I just have a lot to learn! :wink: