Ebay, etsy or reborns.com

hi everyone!!! I am wondering… Which selling venue is your fav? And why? I have not had much luck on etsy, and I haven’t tried REBORNS.com…yet. Should I ? Thank you all for the feedback:-)

An oldie! Lol

1 Like

Looks like no one wanted to respond??? LOL!

1 Like

I haven’t had much luck selling on facebook, ebay, reborns.com, and never tried etsy, but I sold three this past weekend (word of mouth) in my own town and have two more custom orders in my home town to be completed by Nov. 1st. So that is 5 in my own town.

2 Likes

Lolllol@pia… I figured 2nd time could be a charm! Thanks for responding @Rnd210, and congrats!

AND… It looks like you were correct!

1 Like

:smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley: a first time for everything! Tonight’s looking like my lucky night! Lol

So disgusted with Etsy right now!!! Sold quite a few babies recently. Their commission plus direct check out fees are CRAZY!!! This months bill… $300. !!! What??? On top of that paypal fees and listing fee. No more diect check out, im changing it today. Seriously soooo disgusted!!!

2 Likes

$300 dollars?! That’s ridiculous! How many babies sold?

1 Like

Ha, just checked…only three for the billing period. Thought is was more, but those aren’t even on this bill yet!!! I also changed my promoted listings down to only $1 a day, so that’s not it. Crazy right???
I have had custom orders too, thank God that I bill them via paypal invoice and nor directly through etsy…Id be broke.

2 Likes

Wow! That’s crazy! :flushed:

What percentage are they charging you? I think PayPal gets about 3%?

1 Like

They charge 3.5, but its the direct payment fees that get you. They just are implementing direct pay for paypal. If you dont want this, you have to opt out or it will change to this method i believe sometime in Oct. In that case, they will charge additional fees to have your $ go to bank acct instead of paypal. Crazy that they try to milk you for even more $.

1 Like

Sell on all 3. You can cross promote your work as not everyone would see your work on every platform. I will sometimes list the same doll on eBay and Etsy while promoting on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Flickr, Pinterest & Tumblr. If you have the Apps, you can have it notify your phone if a doll sells. Then you go to the other platform and remove the listing. However, you need to be on top of that. The likely hood your doll will sell at the same time is pretty low. I don’t always do this, but again not everyone shops on every platform. This is for a “Buy It Now” only. I don’t list a baby on Etsy as a set price and then list the same doll at auction on eBay for obvious reasons.

Etsy is awesome, I’ve sold many dolls through them. Fees are lower and you are only covered with their checkout system. You can opt in or opt out. But it’s a great set up and printing labels is super easy. The Fees are WAY lower than eBay and just like any credit card system, you are charged a fee, just like PayPal. Not a big deal, its basically the same cost as PayPal.

eBay is the best for wonderful Worldwide exposure. Been selling dolls on them forever. You have the option for auctions which is good or bad. You just have to list smart I guess. However Fees are the highest at 10% plus they take a percentage from your shipping our buyer paid. I am pulling away from eBay due to the fees but It’s important to sell every-now and again.

I’ve never sold dolls on Reborns.com. I don’t really see super high priced dolls on there. But I did just sign up for the month to check it out. It seems to be working for a lot of people and the fact that they don’t take fees is really nice! I’m so happy to see awesome dolls selling on Reborns.com!

Basically, I’d use all three.

1 Like

I just sold my sam aka charlize baby girl on ebay last night. She had been listed for months on ebay. Her mommy had been watching her auction and trying to save up for her. She finally got her before she was adopted by another. I was very shocked at my page views this time around. I had 10 days left on her listing and she was about to hit 2000 views! Someone was really viewing her auction thats for sure :slight_smile:

1 Like

@AmyR777 has a new website for listing reborns. It’s called reborn connection. Thank you for all your input!!!

1 Like

I cover all bases meaning all of the above and saturate Facebook with links :neutral_face:

2 Likes

Lol there’s a clock and banner above saying 6 months later :flushed:

1 Like