Early Gestation Age Portrait Baby

Hey all! So I’ve run into something I need your help with.

I had a lady contact me about making a portrait baby of her 16 week gestation son who passed away.

This is way, way, way beyond my skill level, clearly. But I said hey, let me ask around and do some research and maybe I can find someone who would know where to go or has options.

I know this is probably a sensitive topic so I hope I am not offending anyone by asking this here. Would anyone be able to help this lady out? She did have a reference photo she sent but I will not post on the forum because I know it could be triggering but if someone thinks they could help I have permission to private message the photo.

Clearly at this gestation he was very small, about 6 inches she said. My first thought was that this would be a better candidate for a mini silicone or clay baby. Are there any sculpts this size? For some reason I think I remember seeing somewhere something along these lines, for mothers who have experienced early infant loss. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would be very grateful.

4 Likes

I would recommend she go to Etsy and look at the work by Tangible Peace. We got a little embryo there in memory of my daughter’s baby that she recently lost. She makes them true to size.

8 Likes

My_tangible_piece on insta does resin portrait sculpts. She’s the best!

3 Likes

The Marita winters minis are 10 inches which is a little bigger but those could be an option. There are some smaller, I think but they’re quite chubby usually which wouldn’t be accurate. If she’s looking for an artist, and you’re uncomfortable taking the request I’d be happy to, if she would be interested in my work :heart:

3 Likes

You beat me to it! I adore her work. Someday I will buy an 8 week embryo. All of it is incredible!

2 Likes

Here is the link for the 16/17 week baby.

6 Likes

Wow, what incredible work, though I am sorry that anyone has a need to purchase a sculpt for this reason.

I hope your customer finds exactly what she is looking for and that it brings her lots of comfort during this difficult time. :heart:

6 Likes

I was going to recommend this shop as well!

2 Likes

She’s the first one I thought of, Tangible piece, but apparently she has tried to contact her through Etsy and a few other venues and has never gotten a response.

1 Like

I just saw this on Reborns. May be this will work?

https://www.reborns.com/item/73658/1

5 Likes

Love that one! I bet it would be about 6 inches if the legs were measured and taken into account

4 Likes

@YelenaRey I will send that to her!

@Sony72 I like promise. I see there’s a 7 inch baby too! I sent her the link to both. I don’t plan on painting the baby for her because it is far beyond me, so if she goes that route I will have to put her in contact with an artist who can.

3 Likes

Promise is 10"

3 Likes

My sister lost two babies. One at 4 months old, one at 11 days old. It was heartbroken to say the least. I wish I had found Reborns when she was going through all her grief. I don’t think anyone really understand the lose of a baby the way a mother does. The referenced sites you ladies have posted are beautiful. I hope she finds the perfect baby. All my sister had of her 11 day old son was the old Kodak instamatic photo which faded as time passed.

4 Likes

I have an already painted Promise reborn if I can help.

3 Likes

@Miraboo It is a very different type of loss and one that isn’t widely spoken about or understood by anyone who hasn’t had that loss. Grief is such a complex beast; I hope that everyone who experiences losing a child finds support and a way to manage their grief.

@Vanniek She hasn’t replied to me to let me know her thoughts on the options I’ve sent her so far. So we shall see!

3 Likes

Here is My Tangible Peace’s FB page:

This is so precious.(the sleeping angel)

1 Like