Dried Glue Off Eyes

How would you go about getting caked white glue off of eyes? I have an old Blinkin kit that I’d like to give my partner to try painting her first reborn, I’ve totally stripped him but he has some white glue caked on his eyes. He was my first attempt at an open eyed baby years ago and I have no idea what glue I used, unfortunately. Scrubbing with the paint stripper didn’t do much, neither did rubbing alcohol. I’ve tried picking it away with a toothpick but there’s too much to make the eyes totally clean that way. Any ideas?

Are they glass or acrylic? It’s really hard to get a lot of glue off acrylic eyes without damaging them. It would probably be easier to take the eyes out and replace them when she’s done painting.

Get cotton wool balls, as wet as you can, and put them over the eyes. i found that most of the glues and gloss people use on eyes turns white and soft if soaked for a while, and can be easily scraped off. E6000 will soften if heated and peel off too The only thing I would imagine would not come off in water is Pledge Floor sealer, at least I wold hope so.

Always try water 1st.

Thank you for the tips! They’re acrylic. I will try water and heat first, if nothing works, I guess I’ll be replacing them! I may have to pry them out with a butterknife first if so :sweat_smile:

If you cant get them out i would try heating the head up and not prying since it could damage the vinyl.

1 Like

I used alcohol to soak the eyes in to peel off the glue and I used aleenes paper glaze