Doll and Bear Show Orlando

Hi anyone going to the Doll show in Orlando in June? I’ve never been to one. I wondered if it’s common, or a good idea to take a doll or two of your own? Do people do that?
Is the second day fun? Do the artists have anything left?

2 Likes

If you are referring to IDTS yes I have and I will be there this year at table 101.
2nd show day is good and there is usually some good things left and some deals. There is no selling allowed on the show floor by guests so bringing dolls to sell is a not allowed. I think it is ok to bring in one from your personal collection just to carry around as long as it is not a copied sculpt. Those are not allowed at all for any reason.

3 Likes

@anjsmiles It’s coming soon! I can’t wait to meet you in person, see your dolls, thank you for your varnish recipe and all your advices to me and everyone else!

Thanks! No I wouldn’t think to sell one without a booth. I just wondered if other artists bring a doll to ask advice and things. I imagine lots of people are walking around with new purchases.

Yes, showing off the new purchases for sure is a thing enjoyed. Many bring a stroller for this reason.

1 Like

awe I am excited too!

1 Like

You are going to love it. Both days are great. I went last year. Met a few of the forum members. Spend sone time with Bonnie Brown. I was able to carry her Chase by Jacqueline Kramer while she took pictures with people. She sing my Chase and my Twin A.
I was able to meet a few more artist too. It was a great experience. I didn’t know how a lot of the artist look like, so after a long conversation with Casie Brace I found out that who I was talking too :joy: Don’t be like me search how your favorite artis look like, so you don’t miss them. I never pay atention to the banners, so in a PA show I did it again. I talked to LAURA TUZIO ROSS for a long time and it wasn’t untill we were saing bye and exchanging cards that I realize who she was​:grin: yes I’m a mess.
Take a doll or too. I took my twin A one day and my Nina the other day. A lot of people take strolles. Some people had them full of babies.
There is so much to see and people to meet. I wish I could go this year :disappointed:
Have fun !!!

4 Likes

I’m about 20 min from this show and I hope to go this year.

2 Likes

Are you going? :slight_smile:

Not sure. What day is it and where?

http://www.internationaldollandteddyshow.com/resort-information/

We are driving for the day. Probably Friday. Live about 2 hours or less away.
It’s this Friday and Sat

2 Likes

I am here! I arrived in Orlando today after driving a little over 8 hours.
I will be at table 101

3 Likes

So exciting! Can’t wait to see some pics!

Yayayayyy! I’m so excited! Doll show season is upon us!

1 Like

I can’t wait to meet you Angie!! And everyone!! I’m so excited!! Whooohooooo!! Three more days lol

1 Like

Are you going to both of them?

@anjsmiles Good luck, Angie! We (me and my hubby) will see you on Friday, 21st!

And I am willing to provide any help, if I can, to all my vendoring RA friends from this forum on Friday and Saturday.

1 Like

Yep I’m going to both! I live in Orlando right now but moving to Idaho next week, so I planned it that I can hit IDTS before I leave Florida, and then drive to Idaho and go to Rose in a few weeks :laughing: