Do you tell reserve price

When someone asks what your reserve price is do you tell them?

I honestly don’t see any reason not to reveal it.

1 Like

The very first baby I bought had a reserve. I was quite interested in him so I asked his artist what the reserve was. She told me and that led to me buying the baby.

1 Like

Thanks. I thought the same.

I must be out of it a reserve price? I have a non refundable deposit but never heard of a reserve price???

It means when you sell something at an auction, that’s the lowest price you’d sell it for.
For example. If your reserve is $100 you’d sell it at that price or higher. But if the highest bid was below $100 you don’t sell it.

Oh thanks I’ve never sold at auction.

1 Like

If someone asks I do.

Thanks. I had heard artists wouldn’t tell but I’ve been telling people my reserve price.

I don’t use reserve prices and see no good reason to have them. If you are going to only sell it for a certain amount, why not just list it for that price? That just cuts down on the hassle. I can think of no good reason to have a reserve other than to make your auction look fancier.

Last one I sold on eBay I done a starting bid for my bottom line price then they bidded her up from there. I haven’t sold there in quite a while I’d think that’s how I’d do it again if it’s still an available option.