Do you remember .... this is for the old timers

I know there are a few gals that have been reborning since the beginning. Way back when one of the only forums was Angelic Reborn Forum ( ARF ). Anyway my question is…do you remember if it was one of the members on the forum or just someone selling on ebay that used to put a dimple into the cheek of every baby she made. Do you perhaps remember who that was or know how she used to do it. They looked very good and I know it was done by heating but she kept that info very close. I may need to modify a custom in the near future and am interested if you think you know how she did it. Thanks.

Sounds cool Id love to know

I don’t know who it was but I’ve been told that after heating the head the artist pushed in the dimple with a knitting needle and then plunged the head into cold water. I need to do a Berenguer for a family friend’s 3rd birthday so I will be practicing to try and match her dimples. we will see.

I remember those dimples! SO CUTE…be sure and let us know how it works for you.

I remember people putting the head in the freezer.

— Begin quote from “CindyM”

I don’t know who it was but I’ve been told that after heating the head the artist pushed in the dimple with a knitting needle and then plunged the head into cold water. I need to do a Berenguer for a family friend’s 3rd birthday so I will be practicing to try and match her dimples. we will see.

— End quote

Same here. I was also told if the head were to ever be heated back up or got hot the dimple would pop back out.

Cindy, that sounds like it could work. I would do it after the final bake because I suspect that the dimple would disappear if head is baked again. I’ll have to try that out myself, such a cute idea and thanks!

I hope someone tries it and posts it here because I am dying to see how it looks!