Do kits sometimes come like this?

Recently purchased this baby and not a seconds. Do they look like this sometimes? Should I send it back for a new one?

1 Like

If it is from BB, call or write their customer service. They are great about helping with these situations.

1 Like

Yes it is, thank you.

1 Like

I’ve actually had two kits that weren’t seconds with issues. One of them the flange had a big crack in it and it affected the limb being attached to the body, I ended up having to glue the piece back in. And I had another kit the got a lot of bubbles on the hands and fingers when I baked. Neither kit was a seconds but they were both worse then any seconds kit I’ve ever got.

2 Likes

Yes, I’ve had the same issue with bubbles. Doesn’t show up till you paint then it looks icky!

I suspect an empty seconds page means they’re too backed up filling orders to get the seconds online when sold out. I once ordered all 99 “extra limbs” available and it looked sold out but that was just the web site, they had hundreds more limbs in reality.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum, Emilie.
Your bio says “I’m doing a PhD at Concordia University in Montreal (Canada) about reborn dolls. I’ve been participating in the reborn community since 2016.” I know about beneficial/ positive effects of reborn dolls but was surprise that PhD about reborns exist. It’s a great thing!
Please share your study and pictures of your babies with us!

1 Like

Hi Yelena,
Yes, I’m very lucky to have such a great topic. My program is interdisciplinary so I got to choose the topic and I’m looking at many aspects of reborns (the history of dolls, play, and collecting hobbies, but also the therapeutic and artistic aspects). I have a blog some of my research so far if you’re curious: https://rebornbabytalk.wordpress.com

My Sarah kit is in the blog video and to be honest Ollie and Joseph are WIP, haha (still rooting). Will definitely share when done.

3 Likes

Side note: I truly hate what Wordpress became - so polluted with advertisements that it’s so hard to get to the actual blog. :frowning:

I know! The worst :persevere:

I think it is safe to assume the defects were overlooked. I don’t think we should assume that since they don’t have any seconds listed right now, they don’t inspect them anymore.

I agree with Angela, give them a call. They really are helpful and I am confident BB will make things right.

3 Likes