Do any of you make your own Mohair conditioner? What do you use if not. I have a boo boo:(

I thought they called it Udder Balm? Sounds dainty doesn’t it?

2 Likes

Mohair is a natural fiber not actual hair. A 50/50 combination of water and white fabric softener works well.

1 Like

I’ve heard of using fabric softener but haven’t tried it.

1 Like

It sounds like the dye used was too “ash” in tone. You could save any remaining mohair by dying with a color that has a touch of red in it. (reddish brown, strawberry blonde etc.) Rinse extremely well before rooting, though.

Bag Balm: supposedly used by Shania Twain on her face. Now my facial skin is way too oily and acne prone to do that, but I use it to heal my extremely dry, eczema prone hands. Slather it on before bed and wear cotton gloves or socks.

Funny: my dad said that when they milked the cows on the farm, the cows loved the stuff and would check to make sure he was putting it on when he milked them. He said it helped them heal quickly. :grinning:

2 Likes

my sister in law told me about it…and they sell it in the pet section at walmart. and so since i had the conditioner for my own hair i decided to try it on the mohair. i think i mixed 1 part conditioner and 3 parts water

1 Like

I use baby de tangler. It works just fine.

1 Like

I use mane and tail, other than the crazy cravings to eat hay… My hair has never looked better!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

lmao…you too huh? i thought i was the only one :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Your’re so funny, Melanie!

Since Mane and Tail is not a leave-in conditioner, I would be concerned that it would leave a bit of a residue on the hair? I have used Mane and Tail Shampoo and Conditioner on my own head at some point in the past (maybe 25 years ago) and agree that is is nice for humans. I used a leave-in conditioner diluted at least 4:1 with water.

1 Like

Mane and Tail sure used to leave a residue on my bathroom floor LOL!

1 Like

I use the silken child also. Never had a problem with it changing hair color. Every now and then on my “keep” babies I will shampoo hair with baby shampoo just to refresh the hair.

Ok so I pulled a lot of the mohair that had the green tint to it out an mixed brown an blonde. Do you think it still looks green? I know not the greatest picture. I took it with my iPad. I need to learn how to use my new camera but I been having a crappy month so that has to wait. I have another lady at work who wants a baby cheap of coarse so this was the only one I could think of that I have that I could sell cheap. I’m actually pretty proud of myself with Ireylen as far as the rooting. I notice with each baby I get better. My other babies I’m reborning don’t look as dark I’m getting the lighter skin tone down I will show pics at another time. Ok I know I’m babbling back to Megan. I do need to fix her up but before I do anymore painting or rooting I need to know if it looks like it has a green tint to her hair lol. I need to do a flesh 08 to lighten her face up an do her lashes an eyebrows still an some filling in on her hair. Just don’t wanna waste my time if it still looks like it has that green tint. Loving my heat gun lately :slight_smile:

I don’t see any green tint, but the color of the pic seems to be a bit “off”. I’m sure she’s fine. She’s got a nice head-full of hair!

No your right I need to tone down her face. Her limbs are lighter. I don’t know what I did to her lol I love this kit. I did grab another though. I don’t wanna put to much time into fixing her. Seeing I’m not getting paid very well. This will be the last baby I sell for 100 bucks. Atleast I will get my money back for the kit an I can buy more mohair with it. I learned a lot doing her though as far as rooting. So it was a good learning experience for me :slight_smile: Guess you have to mess up to learn. But thanks for your input.

1 Like

There is nothing like hands-on experience! :smile:

1 Like