Do any of you make your own Mohair conditioner? What do you use if not. I have a boo boo:(

May I ask what you all use as a conditioner for your mohair also what do you think of the mohair conditioner I saw like a cream conditioner. They sell some on eBay. I wish I could make my own 10 bucks for 4 a small bottle. Just was thinking maybe I need better stuff. I finished Megan an when I started with the mohair it was brown an now there is like a green tint im so upset. I was gonna sell her to a girl at work it was a practice baby anyway. But she wants the 2 babies cheap so I’m trying to use my practice babies.

I just use johnson and johnsons conditioner. It works great and I don’t notice any residue. You could dilute it a bit if you wanted to. I have known people who just used regular hair conditioner diluted with water. I don’t see any sense in buying the actual “mohair” conditioner.

2 Likes

You can get silken child detangler at Sally’s Beauty pretty cheap. You then dilute it by 1/2. Some dilute it even more. I’ve also used it full strength. Works well.

1 Like

If your mohair is turning green it sounds like the dye wasn’t set well.

2 Likes

Thanks I was thinking it was the dye. I use baby detangler. I did diluted it a little bit also. Such a bummer.

Silken is what I use. I dilute it 1 part conditioner to 3 parts water.

1 Like

i have mixed some Mane & Tail conditioner with water into a spray bottle and that works really well. it is an animal conditioner but can also be used on humans. when i have the money i buy a bottle of Mane &Tail shampoo and conditioner for myself at walmart and so i figured i would use some of the conditioner to soften and detangle the mohair. it works well for me.

1 Like

LOL! Really? Just teasing. :wink: For the mohair it sounds great.

2 Likes

oh trust me it even has instructions for human use on the back…it smells really nice and works like regular shampoo and conditioner. if it was only for animals i wouldnt use it…lol

1 Like

I’m just teasing. We’ve gotten silly on another thread so I’m in a silly mood. :wink:

2 Likes

believe me i understand. :slight_smile: when i was first told about it i was a little weirded out…lol but it leaves my hair shiney and smelling wonderful

1 Like

Actually, a lot of things made for animals are healthier and better than the human version.

1 Like

the price isnt too bad either…almost $6 each for a really big bottle. the conditioner can last me for a few months

That’s a great price!

1 Like

I remember reading a book about a group of older ladies swearing by Mane and Tail for hair and Bag Balm for hands and face, so I tried the Bag Balm, and it really works. So, although I haven’t tried it, I’ll bet Mane and Tail does also. Now we’ll have no more neigh-saying here. LOL

1 Like

LOL! I’ve never heard of Bag Balm. Where do you get it?

Walmart sells it at the Pharmacy.

Good to know!

Where did you find out about the Mane and Tail? I think I read it in a book called “The Dog that Talked to God”, but I am not sure. I had also heard of the Bag Balm a long time ago. As a nurse, we washed our hands frequently with the resulting painfully dry cracked skin. Bag Balm was the thing to use and it healed our hands up quickly.

1 Like

My daughter used to use Mane and Tail in the 80’s. It made the whole bathroom floor slippery, LOL. I used to use it on my horses too. They now sell it at Walmart in the regular hair products area.

2 Likes