Did you hear? WHOO HOO!

This came to my email.

19 Likes

This is an amazing win for BB! I truly hope it has a ripple effect on other companies who manufacturer and sell knockoff kits… They should all be afraid!

2 Likes

I saw it on FB and then got the email. I am most proud of this! I hope it has a huge effect on the scammers too!

2 Likes

Wonderful!!!

1 Like

I received the email too! This is awesome!!!

1 Like

I wonder what will actually come of it though being companies in China… are they actually going to pay? They’ll probably appeal and end up in court forever and never see any money but maybe other companies will think twice before stealing sculpts. There should be some kind of registry for the sculpts like a patent and only that person can have it recreated etc :thinking:. I saw some new wording included in sages description

4 Likes

I definitely thought about this. I definitely hope they end up having to pay the money. I think patents would be a great idea, but would it really stop them? Could they change one small thing and get away with it? I’m not sure how that all works, but I hope our wonderful sculptors find a way to protect themselves soon!

1 Like

I hope it will help, but I fear they’ll just create new websites and keep going.

3 Likes

China doesn’t have “patent” laws from what I understand, I doubt they will ever get a dime of money but sure hope it scares those other creepy companies that steal sculpts!!! There should be a way to MAKE them pay up!!

2 Likes

How does this affect responsibilities of EBay and Amazon?

Yay!!! I am so happy for this!!